This mouth-watering, Norwegian cloudberry dessert has a name meaning ‘Veiled Peasant Girls’. Quite close to the Scottish Cranachan in taste, it uses cloudberries as a main ingredient but you can swap these for raspberries if you can’t get hold of the suggested fruit.
150ml washed cloudberries
35g caster sugar
150ml whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla flavoured sugar
shreds of orange zest and curls of chocolate to garnish
- Place the fruit in a bowl and crush with a fork
- Add the sugar and keep stirring until it dissolves
- Crush the oatcakes
- Whip the cream with the vanilla sugar until soft peaks form
- Fill the base of two dessert glasses with the crushed oatcakes
- Place the cloudberries on top of the oatcakes
- Spoon over the whipped cream
- Garnish with the orange zest and chocolate
To try this mouth-watering dessert with authentic cloudberries, discover the world of our Norwegian holidays.