Botswana: Botswana Lodge Safari
The Botswana Lodge Safari: iconic wildlife in unforgettable, authentic accommodation
What Makes Me Mighty Fine
- Exceptional, 10 day, small group safari beginning and ending at Victoria Falls, seeing an exceptional range of wildlife and staying in some truly wonderful accommodation
- Set out on thrilling daytime and night time game drives, with opportunities to see a vast range of creatures
- Enjoy a guided tour of Victoria Falls
- Take a fascinating cruise on the Chobe River
Ideal for anyone with a taste for adventure and a passion for travel, this small group safari is truly outstanding. Beginning with a tour of the stunning Victoria Falls, the thrills come thick and fast right from the outset on this wonderful 10 day holiday.
Travelling in a purpose built 4x4 vehicle, your Botswana Lodge Safari, offers the chance to see so much of this breathtaking African country and encounter wild game including elephants, lions, cheetahs, buffalos, giraffes, gazelles and zebras.
From the legendary Okavango Delta via the Moremi Game Reserve and Chobe National Park, the Botswana Lodge Safari takes you on a journey you will never forget. Throughout the Botswana Lodge Safari you will stay in traditional accommodation, enjoying an authentic taste of Africa. Our featured lodges provide all the comforts you could possibly need, many enjoy river or lakeside locations or are set within the national parks themselves, offering spectacular views of the resident wildlife and the amazing sun sets.
Would you like to discover Botswana's luxury lodges at your own pace? Take a look at the Best of Botswana including Victoria Falls tour.
Still in need of guidance? Take a look at our Botswanan Holiday Ideas to find your perfect tour, or call our helpful travel team on 0333 800 2033.
Day 1 - Arrive at Victoria Falls
Arriving at Victoria Falls at the start of your Botswana Lodge Safari, you will be taken to your hotel to meet your guide and the rest of your group. In the afternoon you will set out on a guided tour of the fabulous Victoria Falls before returning to the llala Lodge (or similar) for your pre-departure welcome meeting.
Days 2 to 3 - Victoria Falls to Camp Chobe, Namibia
Today we travel to Camp Chobe, where we will stay for the next two nights, overlooking Chobe National Park. Once there, we embark on a relaxing cruise along the Chobe River, soaking up the peace and tranquility and getting close to some of the native wildlife including hippos, crocodiles and some amazing birdlife. On day three, we take a fascinating, guided walk of the flood plains.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Days 4 to 5 - Camp Chobe to Planet Baobab, Botswana
Today we embark on a long drive to our accommodation in Botswana, where we enjoy a guided nature walk of the area, learning all about the ecology, geology and the unique biology of the baobab groves. Baobabs are not trees, as most people believe, but the largest succulents in the world.
On the morning of day five, we journey to Nxai Pan, which is a fascinating fossil lake in the greater Makgadikgadi system. The lake attracts a whole host of animals from desert herbivores such as gemsbok, springbuck and giraffe to carnivores such as lion, leopard, hyena, cheetah and wild dog. This is sure to be an extremely memorable couple of days on your Botswana Lodge Safari.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 6 - Planet Baobab to Greater Khwai
Today on our Botswana Lodge Safari, we travel via Maun to the Bedouin Bush Camp (or similar) in the Greater Khwai region. Known for its concentration of mammals, game drives here offer a wealth of sightings. Indeed, the area is rated as one of the most prolific spots for wildlife viewing in the whole of Botswana. Look out for elephant, buffalo, lion, leopard, cheetah and wild dogs during your stay. Wildfowl and raptors are also in abundance here and a night time game drive offers ample opportunities to experience the local creatures for yourself.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 7 - Moremi Game Reserve, Botswana
Today we head to the Moremi Game Reserve, which is thought to be one of the most diverse and beautiful reserves in Africa, combining dry areas with permanent water for an interesting and varied landscape. We spend night seven of our Botswana Lodge Safari at the Bedouin Bush Camp or similar.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 8 - Chobe National Park
This morning we set off on our journey to Khwai Airstrip, where we take a flight to Kasane. The afternoon can be enjoyed exploring Chobe National Park on a game drive. Chobe has the largest elephant concentration in Africa, as well as many species of big game. Tonight we stay at Chobe Marina or similar on the Botswana Lodge Safari.Meals included:Breakfast, Dinner
Days 9 to 10 - Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
On day nine, our Botswana Lodge Safari crosses the border back into Zimbabwe and the famous Victoria Falls. The rest of the day is free to spend as you choose and a range of optional (chargeable) activities are available. Spend tonight in the llala Lodge (or similar).
After breakfast, on day 10, the Botswana Lodge Safari comes to a close and you return to Victoria Falls Airport for your flight home, full of memories and, no doubt, longing to return to Africa once more.Meals included:Breakfast
- Return international flights from London (details of regional departures on request)
- Domestic flight from Maun
- Escorted airport transfers
- Nine nights' accommodation in mid-range local standard lodges, chalets and tented camps
- The following activities and excursions, as per the itinerary:
- Tour of Victoria Falls
- Chobe River cruise
- Guided walk in Chobe flood plains
- Visit to the baobob grove
- Trip to Nxai Pan
- Night game drive in Greater Khwai
- Full day in Moremi Game Reserve
- Game drive in Chobe National Park
- Guided tour as detailed
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Services of a professional guide
- Entry fees to National Parks
- 15kg luggage allowance in a backpack/soft barrel bag (no suitcases) - this does not include photography equipment or a small daysack
- Visas – required for entry into Zimbabwe, Namibia and Botswana. Visa requirements vary depending on nationality and we recommend contacting the relevant embassies for details
- Local payments
- Travel Insurance (this can, however, be arranged for you. Simply speak to our travel team for a competitive quote for comprehensive cover)
Please call our friendly advisors on 0333 800 2033 for pricing on this holiday.
- due to flight departure times, you may need to fly out a day before the start of your Botswana Lodge Safari and/or spend an additional night in Africa at the end of your holiday
- all guides are trained in first aid but certain medication and vaccinations will be required before and during the trip