Botswana: Botswana Mobile Safari
Discover our Botswana Mobile Safari and journey across the spectacular game reserves
What makes Me Mighty Fine
- Fantastic, 13 day, Botswana Mobile Safari, enjoying fabulous wildlife sightings in the outstanding Moremi Game Reserve and visiting Zimbabwe to see the magnificent Victoria Falls
- Enjoy a tour of the Victoria Falls National Park
- Explore the Moremi Game reserve - said to be one of the most beautiful and varied in Africa
- Enjoy a thrilling safari to see White Rhino at a rhino sanctuary
- Travel in traditional dug out canoes through the Okavango Delta
- Take a cruise on the Chobe River
Seize this amazing opportunity to see one of the most breathtaking countries in Africa - Botswana. This Botswana Mobile Safari invites you to go in search of the country’s most iconic animals and birds. Elephants, hippos, rhinos, zebras, lions, wildebeest and buffalo are just some of the incredible creatures you can encounter during your time here. No two days are the same on this safari holiday and you will stay in a host of different holiday bases, each perfectly situated to offer the best wildlife watching opportunities.
Highlights of your journey through Botswana include a night game drive, canoeing along the waterways of the Okavango Delta, a sunset boat cruise through Chobe National Park and an excursion to see the enormous barren salt flats known as the Makgadikgadi Pans. At the end of the Botswana Mobile Safari you will cross into Zimbabwe to spend two days at the impressive Victoria Falls before flying home.
Accommodation throughout the holiday varies from traditional African camps to luxurious lodges. Although much of your holiday is spent travelling, there is plenty of time to relax, unwind and admire the epic scenery. There are also opportunities to book additional excursions during your free time, ensuring you really make the most of your Botswana Mobile Safari. Speak to us for full details of the additional activities on offer.
Prefer to take a lodge-based tour which allows you to take areas in at your own pace? Check out the Best of Botswana including Victoria Falls itinerary.
Day 1 - Arrive in Johannesburg
On arrival in Johannesburg you will transfer to the Safari Club where you will spend the rest of your day at leisure. This evening you will catch up with your guide and the rest of your group for a pre-departure meeting, before enjoying a good night's sleep in preparation for the start of your Botswana Mobile Safari.
Day 2 - Johannesburg to Tuli Block
An early morning departure from the city takes us across some of Africa’s stunning landscapes into Botswana. We'll travel via Pretoria, Potgietersrus and through the Limpopo province. Our destination is Tuli Block - a thin strip of land which borders Zimbabwe in the north and South Africa in the south. This area is the wettest in Botswana and home to several game reserves with huge herds of elephants and a vibrant bird population. A campfire dinner welcomes us to the Stevensford Game Reserve (or similar) and we will head out on a game walk either this evening or on the morning of day three of our Botswana Mobile Safari.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 3 - Khama Rhino Sanctuary
Today, on our Botswana Mobile Safari, we travel to the Khama Rhino Sanctuary in search of white rhinos. This community-based wildlife project was founded in 1992, aiming to save the white rhino, restore the area's wildlife and provide economic benefits to the local area by growing tourism and promoting sustainable use of natural rescourses. We explore the sanctuary, during the afternoon, on a fabulous game drive. Overnight at the Serowe Hotel or similar.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch
Day 4 - Rhino Sanctuary to Planet Baobab, Botswana
Setting off early in the morning we drive towards the Makgadikgadi Pans National Park, one of the largest salt flats in the world. After settling into our accommodation at Planet Baobab or similar, on our Botswana Mobile Safari, we explore the surrounding baobab grove and learn all about the local ecology, geology and the unique biology of these extraordinary succulents.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 5 - Maun, Botswana
This morning the Botswana Mobile Safari takes you through more incredible scenery towards Maun, one of the largest towns in the country. We travel via the fossil lake at Nxai Pan, an area which attracts a host of creatures ranging from desert herbivores to lions, leopards, cheetahs and wild dogs.
On arrival in Maun (the place of short reeds) you can unwind at your lodge by the pool, or explore the area at leisure. Overnight at the Thamalakane River Lodge or similar.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch
Day 6 - The Incredible Okavango
Today we experience the Okavango Delta, paddling along its thickly vegetated waterways in traditional mokoros (canoes) to discover a wealth of wildlife. Unlike other deltas, this one never reaches the coast, simply flowing into the Kalahari Desert.
Later our Botswana Mobile Safari continues to the Bedouin Bush Camp (or similar) in the Khwai River area where we set out on an exciting night game drive.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 7 - Greater Khwai, Botswana
Today you can discover the incredible wildlife of this area in daylight. In open-top 4x4 vehicles you will journey across the plains of the reserve in search of native wildlife including lions, hippos, elephants and other big game animals. Tonight, on the Botswana Mobile Safari, you will spend a second night at a traditional Bedouin camp.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 8 - Moremi Game Reserve, Botswana
You will discover one of the most diverse reserves in Africa today - the Moremi Game Reserve. Absorb its beauty as you spend a full day searching for examples of the area's unprecedented concentration of wildlife. The vast range of habitats here includes everything from wetlands to dry savannah woodland.
Tonight you will spend another night at the Bedouin Bush Camp (or similar).Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Days 9 to 10 - Chobe National Park, Botswana
Departing from Greater Khwai on the morning of day nine, enjoy a spectacular drive through several national parks including Moremi, Savuti and Chobe to Kasane. Spend this evening of your Botswana Mobile Safari relaxing at the Chobe Safari Lodge (or simlar) which is situated close to the confluence of the Chobe and Zambezi rivers at Kazungula.
Day 10 begins with a fascinating game drive in Chobe National Park where you'll find the largest concentration of elephants in Africa. In the afternoon of your Botswana Mobile Safari, there's a cruise on the Chobe River to look forward to and the opportunity to get up close to elephants, hippos, crocodiles and a variety of fabulous birds!
Please note: lunch is also served on day nine.Meals included:Breakfast, Dinner
Days 11 to 12 - Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
Leaving Botswana behind, your journey continues into Zimbabwe where you can view the amazing Victoria Falls during a guided tour of the national park here. The rest of the day is free to enjoy some of the local activities on offer. Tonight on the Botswana Mobile Safariyou stay at the Zambezi River Lodge or similar where lunch is included on day 11 and dinner on day 12.
Please note: lunch is also served on day 11 and dinner on day 12.Meals included:Breakfast
Day 13 - Departure
Today your Botswana Mobile Safari comes to an end and you transfer to Victoria Falls Airport for your flight home, full of great memories and, no doubt, already planning your next African adventure!Meals included:Breakfast
- Return international flights from London Heathrow (details of regional departures on request)
- Escorted airport transfers
- 12 nights' accommodation at mid-range, local standard lodges, chalets and tented camps
- The following activities and excursions, as per the itinerary:
- Game drive in the Khama Rhino Sanctuary
- Game walk in the Tuli Block
- Game drives in the Moremi Game Reserve and Khwai River area
- Okavango Delta Mokoro excursion
- Chobe National Park game drive and boat cruise
- Guided tour of the Victoria Falls National Park
- Guide tour as detailed
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Services of a professional guide
- Entry fees to National Parks
- 15kg luggage allowance in a backpack/soft barrel bag (no suitcases) - this does not include photography equipment or a small daysack
- Visas – required for entry into Namibia. Visa requirements vary depending on nationality and we recommend contacting the relevant embassies for details
- Local payments
- Travel Insurance (this can, however, be arranged for you. Simply speak to our travel team for a competitive quote for comprehensive cover)
Please call our friendly advisors on 0333 800 2033 for pricing on this holiday.
- due to flight departure times, you may need to fly out a day before the start of your Botswana Mobile Safari and/or spend an additional night in Africa at the end of your holiday
- all guides are trained in first aid but certain medication and vaccinations will be required before and during the trip