Congo: Congo Gorilla Trekking and Wildlife Safari
Incredible Gorilla Trekking Holiday in Congo's remote regions
What Makes Me Mighty Fine
- Amazing, full board, eight day, wildlife adventure in remote areas of Congo searching for the Western Lowland Gorilla
- Searching for the remarkable primates in and around the Odzala-Kokoua National Park
- Kayak or walk through the Lekoli River or sail the waters on a steel boat or a motorised pirogue
- Stay in remote camps, situated in the midst of the wilderness, giving you sublime views of the tropical wildlife which frequents the area
- Create the definitive gorilla tour by extending it with three days in Rwanda where you’ll find a large concentration of Highland Gorillas in the Parc des Volcans
Eager to discover man’s closest living relative? This Gorilla Trekking Holiday allows you to witness the largest habituated group of gorillas on earth! Travel off-the-beaten track to unique camps, perfectly situated for spotting these remarkable primates. Spend time tracking and then interacting with these outstanding beasts, encountering many other animals along the way.
Stay at two different camps in and around the Odzala-Kokoua National Park. Visit areas of untamed beauty and engage in a multitude of activities. Take a boat ride, kayak or walk through the waist-deep waters of the Lekoli River where you’ll find stunning aquatic creatures. Head into awe-inspiring rainforests and discover Elephants, Buffalos, Guerezas, Black and White Colobus and, of course, the Western Lowland Gorillas.
Turn your Gorilla Trekking Holiday into the ultimate Gorilla watching tour with an extension in Rwanda. Here, you’ll search for Highland Gorillas in the Parc des Volcans where there’s a high density of these breathtaking animals.
For an exhilarating wildlife trip that even the most seasoned of travellers won’t have experienced, it has to be this Gorilla Trekking Holiday!
Still in need of guidance? Take a look at our African Holiday Ideas or Congolese Holiday Ideas to find your perfect tour. If you're looking for a wildlife-focussed break, take a peek at our African Safari Holiday Ideas or Wildlife Watching Holiday Ideas. Alternatively, call our helpful travel team on 0333 800 2033.
Day 1 - Arrival
Upon arrival in Brazzaville, transfer to the family-run Mikhael’s hotel, located in the heart of the city. Settle into your stylish lodgings and then, depending on your flight time, there may be time to explore the local area. Rest well before the start of your exciting Gorilla Trekking Holiday tomorrow.Meals included:Dinner
Day 2 - Brazzaville - Ngaga Camp
In the morning, transfer to the airport where you will fly to Mboko. On arrival, transfer to Ngaga Camp, just outside the Odzala-Kokoua National Park, where you will spend the next two evenings. This excellent accommodation, inspired by the local architecture of the Baka people, has a dining room, bar and lounge as well as a brass fire pit on deck which illuminates the forest in the evenings, creating an absolutely magical image.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Days 3 to 4 - Ngaga Camp
Over the next two days of your Gorilla Trekking Holiday, you’ll engage in a number of activities inside the forest. You’ll have two opportunities to search for the remarkable Lowland Gorillas but can also occupy your time by engaging in day and night forest walks as you look for other fascinating flora and fauna! There is even a nearby village which you can visit if you’d like to immerse yourself in the local culture.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 5 - Ngaga Camp - Lango Camp
Today on your Gorilla Trekking Holiday, say farewell to Ngaga Camp, and the amazing animals you encountered here, as you head inside the Odzala-Kokoua National Park to Lango Camp. You will travel via jeep safari, encountering stunning animals and remarkable birdlife along the way. Keep your eyes peeled for gorillas amongst the trees!
Arrive at your ideally situated accommodation next to the Lekoli River, offering spectacular views of the wildlife which frequents the surrounding area. The elevated camp is made from natural materials and built by local residents.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Days 6 to 7 - Lango Camp
There’s a plethora of exciting activities for you to take part in over the next two days of your Gorilla Trekking Holiday. Enjoy savannah drives through the park where you’ll witness not only stunning Gorillas but also Elephants, Buffalo and perhaps Sitatunga. Make the most of the nearby river by embarking on a cruise by steel boat or motorised pirogue, or even by kayak or on foot in the waist-high waters, all the while taking in the beautiful aquatic creatures.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 8 - Departure
After an action-packed week on your Gorilla Trekking Holiday, head back to Brazzaville where you’ll board your flight home. Alternatively, extend your trip and enjoy three days in Rwanda. Here you’ll stay in the Parc des Volcans where you’ll embark on several safaris in search of awe-inspiring Highland Gorillas. This experience, combined with that in Congo, is the ultimate in Gorilla watching!Meals included:Breakfast
- Return international flights from London Heathrow (details of regional departures on request)
- Domestic flight between Brazzaville and M'boko
- Unescorted airport transfers
- One nights accommodation in Mikhael's Hotel, Brazzaville
- Three nights' accommodation in the Ngaga Camp, near the Odzala-Kokoua National Park
- Three nights' accommodation in the Lango Camp, inside the Odzala-Kokoua National Park
- The following activities and excursions, as per the itinerary:
- Several game drives in Odzala-Kokoua National Park in search of Lowland Gorillas
- Day and night forest walks in Odzala-Kokoua National Park
- Savannah drives through Odzala-Kokoua National Park
- Several water-based activities in the Lekoli River to choose from
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Entry fees to national parks
- 20kg luggage allowance
- Visas – required for entry into Congo. Visa requirements vary depending on nationality and we recommend contacting the relevant embassies for details
- Local payments
- Prices are per person, based on two adults sharing.
- due to flight departure times, you may need to fly out a day before the start of your Congo adventure and/or spend an additional night in Africa at the end of your holiday