Egypt: Cairo Nile Cruise
Our Cairo Nile Cruise sails through the land of the pharaohs and into ancient history
What Makes Me Mighty Fine
- Thrilling, 15 day tour of the towns and cities along the River Nile as well as the remarkable Cairo, stopping at some of the most famous landmarks in the world including the statue of the Sphinx and the Pyramids of Giza
- Be amazed by the Valley of the Kings, The Temple of Luxor and the Philae Temple in Luxor
- Spend the second half of your holiday in Cairo, encountering one of the world’s wonders - the Great Pyramids
- Set sail on a felucca around the Aswan area
- Discover ancient Egyptian wall inscriptions in Edfu
- Stay in the lap of luxury at a five-star hotel whilst in Cairo and onboard a high-end ship whilst cruising the Nile
Experience a cruise with a difference when you take a trip down Egypt’s famous River Nile. During this exciting Cairo Nile Cruise you will witness breathtaking sights such as the Valley of the Kings, the Aswan High Dam, the Temple of Luxor and the Colossi of Memnon, to name but a few. After your Nile cruise docks, the holiday continues with a transfer to Cairo where you will spend a week sightseeing and taking in the fascinating culture. Explore the bustling city, visit the Egyptian Museum and take excursions to the renowned statue of the Sphinx and the legendary Pyramids.
Whilst sailing along the Nile, you will cruise in the lap of luxury. The specially-built riverboats carry no more than 136 passengers at a time making a Cairo Nile Cruise friendly and intimate. The crew provides a first rate service with high-quality food served morning, noon and night. The ships have outdoor swimming pools with areas for sunbathing and comfortable lounges with panoramic windows, ensuring fantastic views of the landscapes you will pass during your Cairo Nile Cruise. For the second week of your holiday in Cairo, expect the high standard to be maintained with a stay in a luxury five star hotel.
With all this to look forward to and more, this Cairo Nile Cruise is sure to amaze and delight you!
Day 1 - Arrive in Luxor
From the airport, transfer to the ship and familiarise yourself with the onboard facilities. Celebrate the beginning of your Cairo Nile Cruiseby sipping a cocktail as you watch the glorious sunset from the outdoor deck.Meals included:Dinner
Day 2 - Luxor’s West Bank
Your first port of call is Hatshepsut Temple in Luxor which is dedicated to one of the longest reigning queens in Egyptian history. Later, on the Cairo Nile Cruise,continue to the famous Valley of the Kings, home to the legendary tomb of Tutankhamun. Then, travel to the Colossi of Memnon where you'll find two giant stone statues of the Pharaoh Amenhotep III.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 3 - Edfu, Kom Ombo and Aswan
This morning the Cairo Nile Cruise takes you to Edfu, home to one of Egypt’s best preserved temples. Take a look at the intricate wall inscriptions that have provided Egyptologists with important information about the ancient civilisations. Later, sail via Kom Ombo to Aswan where the ship will dock for the night.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4 - Sightseeing in Aswan
Spend the morning on a visit to the impressive Aswan High Dam before exploring the Philae Temple. This remarkable site once stood on the Philae Island, in Lake Nasser, before being moved, stone-by-stone to Agilika Island in a rescue operation following the construction of the Aswan Dam.
Spend the aftenoon leisurely exploring Aswan.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 5 - Felucca Sailing Trip
Enjoy free time this morning, exploring Aswan at your own pace. You may wish to book an optional tour to the sacred rock temples at Abu Simbel to make the most of your time there. This afternoon, enjoy one of the highlights of your Cairo Nile Cruise – a leisurely sailing trip around the islands on board one of Egypt’s traditional feluccas.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 6 - Kom Ombo
Today, the Cairo Nile Cruise makes its way back to Kom Ombo where you will disembark and explore the magnificent temple. This unique design was created for two gods, Sobek and Horus, and displays mummified crocodiles inside.
This evening, your Nile cruise will dock in Edfu.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 7 - Return to Luxor
This morning, set sail on the final leg of the Nile cruise on your way back to Luxor. This time you will get the chance to go sightseeing along the Nile’s East Bank. Wander around the complex Karnak Temple and see the preserved remains of chapels and other ancient monuments. Finally, witness the magnificence of the Temple of Luxor before returning to the ship for the last night of your Cairo Nile Cruise.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Days 8 to 15 - Cairo
After breakfast, disembark the ship and transfer to Luxor Airport for your flight to Cairo. Even though your Nile cruise has ended, your holiday is far from over! Check into your luxury hotel in Cairo and enjoy the city’s nightlife.
The city of Cairo is a fascinating place which you will have plenty of time to discover over the next week of your trip. Ancient buildings can be found scattered among modern hotels and shopping malls, and exploring the lively markets is an amazing experience. You can take optional day trips as well to enhance your time in Cairo. An excursion to Giza to see the legendary Pyramids is highly recommended and you can also visit the famous statue of the Sphinx. You can even select a tour of the Pyramids in the evening to watch a magnificent Sound and Light Show. Other excursions include a day trip to Alexandria, a tour of the Egyptian Museum and a guided tour of Cairo’s citadel and bazaars (for an additional cost).
Your Cairo Nile Cruise concludes on day 15. Transfer to the airport for your flight home.Meals included:Breakfast, Dinner
- Return international flights from London Gatwick (details of region departures available on request)
- Domestic flights between Luxor and Cairo
- Escorted airport transfers
- Seven days voyage with accommodation in a twin berth cabin
- Seven nights' accommodation at the five star Mecure Le Sphinx Hotel
- The following activities and excursions, as per the itinerary:
- Visit to the Valley of the Kings
- Visit to the Temple of Luxor
- Visit to the Karnak Temple
- Visit to the Hatshepsut Temple
- Visit to the Aswan High Dam
- Visit to the Philae Temple
- Sail around the area on a felucca
- Visit to Edfu Temple where you'll find ancient wall inscriptions
- Kom Ombo:
- Visit to Kom Ombo Temple
- Entrance fees for The Valley of the Kings, Hatshepsut Temple, Edfu Temple, Komombo Temple, High Dam, Philae Temple, Karnak Temple and Luxor Temple
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Egypt visa charge
- Travel Insurance (this can, however, be arranged for you. Simply speak to our travel team for a competitive quote for comprehensive cover)
Please call our friendly advisors on 0333 800 2033 for pricing on this holiday.