Finland: Experience the Kakslauttanen Igloo Village
Experience the unique Igloo Village in Finnish Lapland and spend a cosy night in an amazing glass igloo
What Makes Me Mighty Fine
- Flexible, full board, winter activity and Northern Lights short break with two nights in a cosy log cabin and a night in a stunning glass igloo
- Make the most of this great location for the Aurora Borealis
- Select two signature Finnish experiences from husky sledding, snowmobiling and reindeer sleigh rides
- Specialist Winter clothing provided throughout the stay, including thermal overalls, boots and balaclava for the activities.
This wonderful resort enjoys a peaceful and serene setting among the unspoiled forests of Lapland. Located within the Arctic Circle, the Kakslauttanen Igloo Village offers an exciting and unforgettable winter holiday, with plenty of snow-based activities to try. Go husky sledding across frozen plains, enjoy a scenic reindeer sleigh ride through the winter wonderland or take it up a notch with a thrilling snowmobile safari. Everywhere you look, the snow sparkles in the pale sunlight and glimmering icicles hang off the eaves of the authentic wooden cabins. It certainly is a magical scene at the Kakslauttanen Igloo Village and, if the fabulous Aurora Borealis makes an appearance during your time here, it will surely be an experience that will stay with you forever.
During your short break, you will stay for two nights in a log cabin, which has all of the essential amenities as well as an outdoor porch area. On the other night of your holiday, you will have the unique opportunity to stay overnight in a glass igloo, so you can gaze up at the wintry skies as you drift off to sleep.
Delicious hot meals are served in the restaurant of the main hotel at Kakslauttanen Igloo Village and the soothing sauna is the perfect place to warm up after a day spent enjoying the great outdoors.
Take a look at the itinerary for full details of this holiday and, if you want to personalise your break, explore the range of optional activities on offer here too.
Prefer to retain your log cabin on your night in the glass igloo? Then take our Lapland Igloo Village and Northern Lights Holiday.
Still in need of guidance? Check out our Finnish holiday ideas or call our helpful travel team on 0333 800 2033 to find your perfect break in Finland.
Day 1 - Arrival
From the airport, transfer to the Kakslauttanen Igloo Village and celebrate the beginning of your Lapland short break. Take time to settle into your accommodation and start to explore your fabulous surroundings.Meals included:Dinner
Days 2 to 3 - Select Your Activities
There are many activities to try during your time at the Kakslauttanen Igloo Village. Over the next two days you can choose two of the following three options. Your third night is spent in the glass igloo, scouring the skies for sightings of the Aurora.
Close to the hotel is the local husky farm where you can learn how these loveable dogs are trained and cared for. After learning the basics, set off on a dog sled expedition into the snowy wilderness, taking in the epic scenery as you ride.
An expert guide will provide you with the necessary equipment and tuition to drive these thrilling vehicles. As you race up and down the snowy fells, enjoy the feeling of the icy, clean air on your face (participants must possess a driving licence).
Travel from the Kakslauttanen Igloo Village to a local reindeer farm where you can learn about the importance of these animals to the livelihoods of the native people. After looking around the farm, step into a reindeer-drawn sleigh and enjoy a picturesque ride through the enchanting forests of Lapland.
There will also be spare time at the Kakslauttanen Igloo Village to take part in optional activities such as visiting Santa’s Resort, countryside walks and Aurora hunts.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4 - Departure
After breakfast, your holiday at the Igloo Village ends as you transfer to the airport for your return flight. How was your night in the fabulous glass igloo? Were you lucky enough to see the Aurora? We hope that you are returning home with some great photographic souvenirs and some truly amazing memories.Meals included:Breakfast
- Return international flights from London Heathrow (details of regional departures on request)
- Return escorted airport transfers
- Two nights' accommodation in a log cabin (upgrade details on request) and one night in a glass igloo
- Meals as per the itinerary
- A choice of two of the following activities and excursions, as per the itinerary:
- Two hour reindeer safari
- Two hour snowmobile excursion
- Two hour husky safari
- Specialist winter clothing including thermal overalls, boots and balaclava (for the activities)
- Travel Insurance (this can, however, be arranged for you. Simply speak to our travel team for a competitive quote for comprehensive cover)
- Prices are per person, based on two adults sharing
- Child prices are based on children aged 4-11