Finland: Family Wildlife Watching Holiday
A Family Wildlife Watching Holiday in a stunning destination
What Makes Me Mighty Fine
- Four day, half board, family wildlife watching break in Europe’s last, untamed wilderness
- Stay in a comfortable, friendly hotel, in a stunningly beautiful location
- Visit the informative, family friendly, Petola Nature Centre to find out about the local wildlife
- Experience a thrilling elk safari and set out on an amazing bear tracking excursion
Search for the native wildlife of Finland's Wild Taiga on an unforgettable Family Wildlife Watching Holiday. Enjoy guided excursions into this incredible forest to see its spectacular range of inhabitants, from moose and beavers to Wild Forest Reindeer and Brown Bears! Stay at the Hotel Kalevala, perfectly situated for unforgettable wildlife watching adventures and the ideal family retreat!
Enjoy a guided adventure into the forest in the tracks of the Brown Bears as you learn the secrets of tracking and hear all about the Finnish Brown Bear! Set out in search of the elk on an exhilarating safari offering ample opportunity to spot a range of incredible wildlife. Be sure to keep your camera at the ready throughout your Family Wildlife Watching Holiday; if you're lucky you might leave with a truly unique momento of a spectacular animal sighting!
The Hotel Kalevala is in a beautiful spot overlooking the picturesque Lake Lammasjärvi. Its exceptional location ensures that whether you choose to spend your free time exploring your stunning surroundings or just relaxing in the hotel, it won't go to waste on your Family Wildlife Watching Holiday.
Looking for a longer break with more activities? Take a look at our Finnish Summer Family Adventure!
Still in need of guidance? Check out our Finnish holiday ideas, family holiday ideas or bear watching holiday ideas to find your perfect getaway. Alternatively, speak to our helpful travel team on 0333 800 2033 or using our online chat system (during office hours).
Day 1 - Arrive in Kuhmo
Fly to Kajaani Airport where you will transfer to the Hotel Kalevala. Enjoy a drinks reception followed by dinner in the restaurant where you can admire idyllic views of the lake.Meals included:Dinner
Day 2 - Petola Nature Centre and Elk Safari
Enjoy a delicious breakfast at the hotel before beginning today's adventures. This morning, your Family Wildlife Watching Holiday takes you to the Petola Nature Centre where you can learn about Finnish traditions, wildlife and their national symbol – the Brown Bear. There are exhibitions here that will keep all the family entertained, and the teddy bear area is a great place for children to play and hear captivating stories.
Later on today your guide will take you into the forest in search of the indigenous elk, the largest member of the deer family in Europe. Keep an eye out for signs of this stunning creature and, if you're lucky, enjoy a family wildlife discovery that you won't forget. During the safari you'll also have a chance to see the rare Wild Forest Reindeer. A sight of this magnificent animal is sure to be a highlight of your Family Wildlife Watching Holidays, so be sure to look closely!Meals included:Breakfast, Dinner
Day 3 - Brown Bear Tracking
Look forward to a truly unique adventure today as your Family Wildlife Watching Holiday takes you back into the Wild Taiga Forest on a Brown Bear tracking hike! Learn to read the signs of the forest as you follow your guide in the footsteps of this unique creatures. During the hike, your guide will tell you the story of the Finnish bear, offering an unrivalled insight into the life of this fascinating animal.Meals included:Breakfast, Dinner
Day 4 - Depart Kalevala
Your Bear Watching holiday comes to a close today. Transfer to Kajaani Airport and depart Finland. This fabulous holiday is sure to have inspired your enthusiasm for wildlife watching and we look forward to welcoming you on more of our amazing nature breaks in the future.Meals included:Breakfast
- Three nights' accommodation in a standard room at the Hotel Kalevala
- Return international flights from London Heathrow (details of regional departures on request)
- Services of a professional guide
- Escorted airport transfers
- The following activities and excursions, as per the itinerary:
- Visit to the Petola Nature Centre
- Elk Safari
- Brown Bear tracking
- Use of games consoles, DVDs, wireless internet and summer games (please note: a small charge may be appicable for some of these)
- Travel Insurance (this can, however, be arranged for you. Simply speak to our travel team for a competitive quote for comprehensive cover)
- Prices are per person, based on two adults sharing
- Flight prices quoted are based on London Heathrow
- Regional departures may be availble and a supplement may apply
- Child prices quoted are based on one child sharing with two adults
- Child prices quotes are for children between 4 and 11 years of age