Finland: Christmas Adventure Week
This magical Finland Family Christmas Holiday offers everything you need for an unforgettable festive break
What Makes Me Mighty Fine
- Action-packed, family adventure week in one of Finland’s foremost outdoor activity locations
- Choose from family run hotel or Kelo log cabin accommodation
- Enjoy a Christmas Eve celebration dinner and a visit from Santa
- Enjoy activities including husky and snowmobile safaris, a reindeer sleigh ride and kicksledding
- Free use of Snow Shoes throughout your stay.
- Specialist Winter clothing provided throughout the stay, including thermal overalls, boots and balaclava for the activities
- Free use of the Artic Spa including Jacuzzis, Sauna and Swimming Pool.
Enjoy an exciting Christmas break in picturesque Iso-Syöte, a snow-covered winter wonderland and one of Finland's premier outdoor activity destinations. To enhance the festive atmosphere of your Finland Family Christmas Holiday, you will be staying in a picture-perfect log cabin, dusted with pristine white snow and offering the ultimate warmth and comfort.
Iso-Syöte is a stunning fell in Finland which is coated in thick snow, each winter, making it the ideal location for our Finland Family Christmas Holiday. Close to the hotel you will find extensive downhill ski slopes, a snowboard street, half pipes and a snow tube run, perfect for children and adults alike.
This pristine fell region is great for snowmobiling and husky sledding, and in the evenings it provides ideal opportunities to hunt for the Northern Lights - an experience sure to enhance any Christmas break.
Your festive celebration in Iso Syote centres around a traditional Christmas Eve celebration dinner. As well as enjoying the local cuisine, this great night offers you the opportunity to enjoy some authentically Finnish festive touches and there's even a visit from Santa himself!
Take a look at the itinerary below for full details of this holiday and, if you want to add even more excitement to your trip, discover the range of optional activities on offer here.
Fancy a shorter trip? Then why not spend Christmas in Finnish Lapland where you'll get the chance to sleep in a unique glass igloo.
Still in need of guidance? Take a look at our Finnish holiday ideas or to find your perfect break in these great destinations. If you're looking for an experience-led break, however, just check out our snowmobiling holiday ideas, our Santa holiday ideas or our husky safari holiday ideas. If it’s a remote hideaway that you’re pining for, take a peek at our log cabin holiday ideas. If you have any further questions, call our helpful travel team on 0333 800 2033.
Day 1 - Welcome to Finland
On arrival in Finland, you will be met and transferred to your festive log cabin, where you can settle in before your Finland Family Christmas Holiday really begins.
Day 2 - At Leisure
Enjoy some free time on your Finland Family Christmas Holiday to spend time with your loved ones in this incredible winter wonderland. If you're eager to get out and explore, you can take advantage of the free snowshoe hire and head out on a family adventure in Lapland! Step it up a notch with a fun-filled afternoon sledging on the local slopes with low cost sledge hire and enjoy a day of family excitement.Meals included:Breakfast, Dinner
Day 3 - Snowmobile Safari to the Wilderness
On the Finland Family Christmas Holidayon Boxing Day, the family adventure continues with a snowmobile safari, which lasts approximately three hours, depending on weather conditions. The safari sets out from the hotel, where your snowmobiles will be lined up waiting for you. The track goes over hills and fells, through the forest and over ice-covered swamps and lakes.
Enjoy a traditional Christmas Eve celebration dinner on day two, and, as a special treat, Santa Claus himself will visit the hotel to greet all the guests and, no doubt, pose for photographs with younger travellers.Meals included:Breakfast, Dinner
Day 4 - Kicksledding
On the Finland Family Christmas Holiday today, your festive treat is the chance to learn how to use a kicksled, a traditional means of transport in Finland during the winter. Explore the picturesque scenery before returning to the hotel.Meals included:Breakfast, Dinner
Day 5 - Free Day and Northern Lights Safari
Today you will have plenty of time to relax among your stunning surroundings or, if you prefer, book some of the optional activities available. In the evening, we drive, by snowmobile, under the starlit sky and, hopefully get a glimpse of the incredible Northern Lights. We will take a break on our journey to enjoy a coffee around a campfire.Meals included:Breakfast, Dinner
Day 6 - Husky Safari
Begin your last full day in Lapland with a visit to a nearby husky farm where these incredible creatures eagerly await your arrival. You will be given instructions on how to handle the team of dogs and guide the sled on your Christmas Adventure Week. This three hour tour takes you through the magical snowy forests and over frozen lakes in the Syöte nature area. Along the way, drinks and snacks will be served by a campfire and you will have time to take photographs of the fairytale setting.
If you're looking for more time exploring, more husky mushing practice and, of course, more interaction with these friendly dogs, why not choose a five hour husky safari instead? This longer journey is ideally suited to anyone looking to make their husky sledding experience even more memorable! Ask our advisers for details on adding this to your Christmas Adventure Week.Meals included:Breakfast, Dinner
Day 7 - Meet the Reindeer
Today you will get the chance to visit a traditional reindeer farm. The herder will teach you all about these indigenous animals that are so important to Finnish culture, the history of the farm and the local traditions. You will also experience a reindeer-drawn sleigh ride across the pristine wilderness.
Tonight, relax and enjoy your final dinner in resort.Meals included:Breakfast, Dinner
Day 8 - Return Flight
After your action-packed family Christmas in Iso-Syöte it is time to say goodbye and transfer to the airport for your flight home. What was your favouritepart of the holiday, the activities, the scenery or the meeting with Santa? One thing is for sure, this is a Christmas your family will treasure forever!Meals included:Breakfast
- Return flights from London Heathrow (details of regional departures on request)
- Return escorted airport transfers
- Seven nights' accommodation in a log cabin
- The following activities and excursions, as per the itinerary:
- Snowmobile excursion
- Kicksledding excursion
- Northern Lights safari (by snowmobile)
- Husky safari
- Reindeer safari
- Christmas programme
- Specialist winter clothing provided throughout the stay including thermal overalls, boots and balaclava on all activities
- Free use of the Artic Spa including Jacuzzis, Sauna and Swimming Pool
- Free use of Snow Shoes throughout your stay
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Travel Insurance (this can, however, be arranged for you. Simply speak to our travel team for a competitive quote for comprehensive cover)
- Prices are per person, based on two adults sharing
- Prices quoted include flights departing from London Heathrow
- Other departure airports may be available and a supplement may apply
- Child prices quoted are based on one child sharing with two adults
- Child prices quoted are for children between 4 and 11 years of age
- Prices are per person
Take advantage of our tour upgrades and spend full days enjoying snowmobile and husky safaris.
Please note: the order of activities on this holiday is subject to change.