Finland: Finnish Summer Family Adventure
Enjoy a Family Summer Holiday to Finland and experience a host of outdoor activities
What Makes Me Mighty Fine
- Full board, six day, summer, log cabin break for families who love the great outdoors
- Great mix of organised activities and free time to enjoy the Midnight Sun
- Visit a reindeer farm, go canoeing, hiking and take a boat trip along the culturally important Canyon Lake
- Add extra excitement with an optional bear watching tour
You can’t beat the serenity of the Finnish countryside. From the moment you arrive here, the peace and tranquility instils a real sense of calm and relaxation. The trickling of the rivers, the scent of the pine trees and the harmonious birdsong melts away all your stress and worries.
A Family Summer Holiday in Finland offers you the chance to spend quality time with your loved ones, to have fun and enjoy new and exciting activities together. Whatever your age or ability, this holiday to Hossa is guaranteed to leave you feeling recharged and revitalised. There are several great activities included on this break, as well as ample free time and an optional bear watching trip.
Set in a remote area in the Oulu province, the village of Hossa is a popular location for outdoor pursuits and the ideal choice for a Family Summer Holiday. Its name is believed to have derived from the Sámi language, meaning ‘a faraway place’. The beautiful Lake Öllöri is close by, and the rest of the surrounding area is densely forested, housing an incredible variety of wildlife. The entire hiking area of Hossa is around 90 km² and covers most of the fells and forests in the vicinity. Numerous ribbon lakes and kettle lakes expose the area’s glacial history.
On this Family Summer Holiday you will stay in your own private log cabin which has spectacular views across the Finnish countryside. Breakfast and dinner are provided every day, as well as a picnic lunch that you can take with you. Guests on a this Family Summer Holiday have free use of the sauna and an English speaking guide is always on hand to assist with activities.
Eager to spend your break in a Finnish log cabin? Take a look at our Summer in Finland holiday and add a cosy base to your summer break.
Still in need of guidance? Check out our Finnish holiday ideas or our Family Holiday ideas to find your perfect getaway. Alternatively, speak to our helpful travel team on 0333 800 2033 or using our online chat system (during office hours).
Day 1 - Arrive in Finland
On arrival, you will be transferred to your cabin for your first night in this outdoor lover's paradise. Take time to explore your surroundings and settle into your accommodation.Meals included:Dinner
Day 2 - Visit Canyon Lake
After breakfast, embark on an excursion to the idyllic Canyon Lake where you can take a scenic boat ride and admire the captivating views. Afterwards, join a leisurely 4km guided hike to see the famous ancient rock paintings which are believed to date back to 1500 BC. A picnic around a campfire restores energy levels before taking the 3km walk back to your cabin. A tasty dinner rounds off day three of your Family Summer Holiday.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 3 - The Reindeer Farm
This morning on your Family Summer Holiday we take a short walking tour of the fells and lakes surrounding Hossa on our way to the reindeer farm. Here you can learn how these animals are reared, cared for and how important they are to the everyday lives of the indigenous people. Have a go at lassoing the reindeer and help feed them before returning to the cabins for an optional sauna.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4 - Canoeing
Today’s activity on the Family Summer Holiday is fun for all ages and abilities. All necessary equipment is provided and expert tuition is given, so even complete novices can join in the fun. Canoeing is a great way to take in Finland’s picturesque scenery and it is always a good idea to keep an eye on the shoreline as you may spot some of the incredible wildlife of the area.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 5 - Optional Bear Watching Excursion
This morning, on your Family Summer Holiday, we take an excursion to the Russian border and visit a family-run farm that sells delicious local produce. Surrounded by dense woodland, the farm has several hides in various locations where it is possible to spot the European brown bear. The bear watching is optional and comes with an additional charge, but wildlife lovers will be in their element on this excursion.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 6 - Flight Home
Your Family Summer Holiday ends today as you catch your return flight to the UK. What were your favourite parts of the trip? Which activities did you enjoy most? As you travel home with fabulous photographs and even better memories, you're sure to be planning to return to Finland once more.Meals included:Breakfast
- Eight nights' accommodation in a log cabin
- Return international flights from London Heathrow (details of regional departures on request)
- Services of a professional guide
- Escorted airport transfers
- The following activities and excursions, as per the itinerary:
- Visit to Canyon Lake and the rock paintings
- Visit to a reindeer farm
- Canoeing trip
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Travel Insurance (this can, however, be arranged for you. Simply speak to our travel team for a competitive quote for comprehensive cover)
- Departures are scheduled for Sunday returning on the following Friday
- Prices are per person, based on two adults sharing
- Flight prices are based on departures from London Heathrow
- Regional departures may be available and a supplement may apply
- Child prices quoted are based on one child sharing with two adults
- Child prices quoted are for children between 4 and 11 years of age