Finland: New Year Adventure Week
Celebrate in style with our New Year Finland holiday on this incredible adventure
What Makes Me Mighty Fine
- Half board, week-long activity break with New Year celebrations featuring music and fireworks
- Stay in a fabulous ski resort at a family owned and run holiday base
- Enjoy snowmobiling, dog sledding, kicksledding and a reindeer adventure
- Make the most of your free time with an optional trip to Ranua Wildlife Park and Santa’s village
- Specialist Winter clothing provided throughout the stay, including thermal overalls, boots and balaclava for the activities.
- Free use of the Artic Spa including Jacuzzis, Sauna and Swimming Pool
- Free use of Snow Shoes throughout your stay.
This immaculate fell region in Finland plays host to a shimmering, snow-drenched landscape in winter, making it the perfect destination for a New Year Finland break.
To ensure your New Year getaway is simply unforgettable, you will stay in an enchanting log cabin, surrounded by miles of pristine countryside. Make the most of this giant winter outdoor playground with activities such as snowmobiling, husky sledding and kicksledding.
Your New Year Finland break can be as active or as relaxing as you choose thanks to the extensive range of optional activities on offer here. Experience local culture with a trip to a reindeer farm, see Santa at his magical village or meet many of the country's indigenous animals at Ranua Zoo.
New Year itself is welcomed with a sumptuous Buffet Dinner, entertainment and fireworks. And if you fancy something a little different, you can even opt to spend the big night on a snowmobile safari in search of the Northern Lights.
This is one New Year's Eve you won't forget in a hurry!
Want a simliar break for children aged 4-12? Why not take our Finnish New Year Holiday?
Still in need of guidance? Take a look at our Finnish holiday ideas to find your perfect tour. If you have any further questions, just call our helpful travel team on 0333 800 2033 or speak to us via online chat (during office hours).
Day 1 - 30th December: Arrive in Finland
On arrival in Finland, a guide will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your log cabin at Iso-Syote. Settle into your accommodation and admire the wintry scenery.
Day 2 - 31st December: Snowmobile Trip into the Wilderness
This morning your guide will give you your itinerary for the week. Begin your New Year Finland break on an exciting three hour snowmobile safari through some of the country’s most breathtaking landscapes. Starting from outside the hotel, you will set off on a journey across ice-covered swamps and lakes, over hills and fells and weaving between pretty snow sculptures.
Tonight there's the Buffet Dinner to look forward to with live music provided and the chance to see the local firework display. Should you want to try something a little different and use the skills you picked up earlier in the day, for a small supplement you can head out on snowmobiles, well away from artificial light, in the hope of celebrating New Year under nature's own firework show! This amazing snowmobile safari promises a night you'll never forget.Meals included:Breakfast, Dinner
Day 3 - 1st January: New Years Day at Leisure
Today, take the opportunity to unwind at your leisure in Iso-Syote on your New Year Finland break. For the first day of the New Year take things at your own pace. Perhaps you would like to take the opportunity to explore the local area by snowshoe or go sledding down one of Finland's best slopes. The hotel are more than happy to let our guests use the snowshoes for free, subject to availability, and a variety of sleds and snow tubes are available for hire for a small supplement from the local ski centre.Meals included:Breakfast, Dinner
Day 4 - 2nd January: Soak up the scenery with a Reindeer Sleigh Ride
On the fourth day of this New Year Finland break, after breakfast, you'll experience a wonderful way of travelling through the snowy countryside, sitting in a sleigh and being drawn along by reindeer, the old fashioned Lappish way. Coffee and snacks will be served in a "kota" (tepee).Meals included:Breakfast, Dinner
Day 5 - 3rd January: Travel like a Finn - Kicksledding
After your adventures last night, what better way to spend today than enjoying a bit of snow fun? Explore the beautiful scenery of Iso Syote on a traditional Finnish kicksled. This is a really enjoyable way to explore the snowy wilderness, no matter what your age!Meals included:Breakfast, Dinner
Day 6 - 4th January: Northern Lights Snowmobile Safari
Today, take advantage of some of the optional activities available in Iso-Syote on your New Year Finland break. In the evening we go in search of the spellbinding Northern Lights, which can often be seen in the skies above the fells. A guide will take you to some of the best vantage points, away from artificial lights, to optimise your chances of seeing the Aurora. If you are lucky enough to witness the phenomenon, it will make your break even more memorable.Meals included:Breakfast, Dinner
Day 7 - 5th January: Husky Safari
It has only just started but a visit to one of the local husky farms is sure to be one of this years highlights. Meet these friendly Arctic dogs, raring to take you on a fabulous adventure across the snow-dusted countryside. Before you embark on your three hour, 12km journey, you will learn how to handle the sledge and the huskies. Warm up around an open fire when we stop for a picnic lunch during the excursion. Those of you eager to spend as much time as possible with Finland's huskies will love our optional five hour husky safari! Speak one of our travel advisers to find out more about this 40km trip.Meals included:Breakfast, Dinner
Day 8 - 6th January: Depart Finland
Your New Year Finland break has to end today but hopefully you will take many happy memories with you. Transfer to the airport for your return flight.Meals included:Breakfast
- Return international flights from London Heathrow (details of regional departures on request)
- Seven nights' accommodation in a log cabin
- The following activities and excursions, as per the itinerary:
- Snowmobile excursion
- Kicksledding excursion
- Northern Lights safari
- Reindeer safari
- Husky safari
- New Year programme
- Escorted airport transfers
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Free use of the Artic Spa including Jacuzzis, Sauna and Swimming Pool Free use of Snow Shoes throughout your stay.
- Specialist Winter Clothing provided throughout the stay including thermal overalls, boots and balaclava on all itineraries
- Travel Insurance (this can, however, be arranged for you. Simply speak to our travel team for a competitive quote for comprehensive cover)
- Prices are per person, based on two adults sharing
- Child prices quoted are based on one child sharing with two adults
- Child prices quoted are for children between 4 and 11 years of age
- Prices include flights departing from London Heathrow
- Other departure airports may be available and a supplement may apply
- Prices are per person
Please note: the order of activities on this holiday is subject to change. Full day snowmobiling and husky sled safaris are available.