Finland: Autumn Aurora Break at Lapland Igloo Village
The perfect season for the Northern Lights, Autumn offers exceptional Aurora sightings and unforgettable exploration
What Makes Me Mighty Fine
- Early Northern Lights, fly drive, short break at the Lapland Igloo Village suitable for those looking to travel at half term
- Spend three nights in a cosy log cabin and a night in a stunning glass igloo
- See the season’s premiere of the Aurora Borealis
- Tailor make your own break by filling your leisure days with optional activities
- Specialist Winter clothing provided throughout the stay, including thermal overalls, boots and balaclava for the activities.
Set in the stunning Saariselkä fell area, close to the Urho Kekkonen National Park, the Kakslauttanen Igloo Village is an amazing base for a Northern Lights Autumn break. Not only is the surrounding area simply brimming with fabulous attractions, the accommodation itself is amazing.
You’ll spend three nights of your holiday in a cosy traditional log cabin but the highlight of your stay has to be the evening you spend in one of the resort’s world famous glass igloos. These fabulous constructions are simply unbeatable when it comes to star gazing and, with great Northern Lights predictions on the horizon, there’s never been a better time to travel to Kakslauttanen.
When you are not busy star gazing or exploring the local countryside, there’s a host of optional activities for you to enjoy on your Northern Lights Autumn break. Experience the wonder of the Santa Claus Village, go gold panning with Santa’s elves, take part in white water rafting expeditions or join a local hiking tour. The attractions here are outstanding and cater for visitors of all ages. Indeed, whether you are young in years or simply young at heart, you’ll be spoiled for choice when it comes to planning your days.
With car hire included in this Northern Lights Autumn break, there are also plenty of opportunities to explore further afield. Take a drive to the fabulous Siida Museum and the Saajos Cultural Centre to learn all about the fascinating lives of the Sami people. And for a really different experience, why not travel up to the Barents Sea to see the Russian Border and visit Kirkenes?
As each activity packed day of your Northern Lights Autumn break comes to a close, you’ll return to your cosy accommodation. All of the log cabins have their own sauna and a traditional Finnish rocking chair simply waiting to be pulled up in front of the roaring log fire. And with a large, wooden-framed bed to fall into at the end of the day, you’re sure to sleep soundly each night.
Prefer to discover Lapland as a winter wonderland? Then check out our Lapland and the Northern Lights Holiday for a wintry adventure.
Still in need of guidance? Check out our Finnish holiday ideasor Lapland holiday ideasto find your perfect tour in these great destinations, or take a look at our Northern Lights holiday ideas to see our top Aurora breaks. If you're looking for the perfect family getaway, have a glance at our Family Holiday ideasor take a peek at our log cabin holiday ideas to find your ideal hideaway. Alternatively, speak to our helpful travel team on 0333 800 2033 or using our online chat system (during office hours).
Day 1 - Arrival
Arriving at Ivalo airport, you’ll be met and transferred to your accommodation at the Kakslauttanen Igloo Village for the start of your five day Northern Lights Autumn break.Meals included:Dinner
Days 2 to 4 - At Leisure
With a night stargazing in a glass igloo to look forward to, there are plenty of opportunities to ensure your days are just as exciting as your evenings on this Northern Lights Autumn break. Visit the Santa Claus Village, try your hand at gold panning or experience the beauty of the surrounding area on foot or by water.
The Siida Museum and Northern Lapland Nature Centre in Inari are well worth a visit and a couple of hours drive will take you to the Russian border and the town of Kirkenes which lies 400km north of the Arctic Circle.
Make the most of your time on the Northern Lights Autumn break, safe in the knowledge that each day you can return to a warming meal and a comfortable bed at the Kakslauttanen Igloo Village.Meals included:Breakfast, Dinner
Day 5 - Departure
Today, your Northern Lights Autumn break comes to an end and you return to Ivalo airport, full of memories of your fabulous getaway. Were you lucky enough to see the Northern Lights? What was your favourite activity? When it comes to visiting Finland, you're sure to want to return here again in years to come.Meals included:Breakfast
- Return international flights from London Heathrow (details of regional departures on request)
- Return escorted airport transfers
- Three nights' accommodation in a log cabin (upgrade details on request) and one night in a glass igloo
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Travel Insurance (this can, however, be arranged for you. Simply speak to our travel team for a competitive quote for comprehensive cover)
- Prices are per person, based on two adults sharing
- Child prices quoted are based on one child sharing with two adults
- Child prices quoted are for children bewteen 4 and 11 years of age