Finland: Northern Lights Experience at Menesjarvi
Journey to the wilderness on a Northern Lights Mini Break to Finnish Lapland
What Makes Me Mighty Fine
- Four day, half board, Northern Lights holiday - ideal for a half term break
- Relax in a comfortable lodge in a beautiful, wilderness setting
- Learn how to photograph the Northern Lights with a special Aurora workshop
- Experience fabulous Aurora hunts
- Specialist Winter clothing provided throughout the stay, including thermal overalls, boots and balaclava for the activities.
Immerse yourself in an exciting journey through Finland’s varied landscapes during this Northern Lights Experience at Menesjarvi. Enjoy the scent of the pine forests and crisp Arctic air as you meander through the picture perfect terrains that surround your accommodation and learn the precise art of photographing the Northern Lights when you attend a photography workshop.
During this Northern Lights Mini Break, we travel to the most advantageous spots in the hope of witnessing the Aurora. Each day gives you the opportunity to discover the culture, history and wildlife of Finland, whilst the nights will see you brimming with anticipation as you await the mesmerising colours of the Northern Lights.
During this activity-packed break you can choose to visit a husky farm and enjoy learning about the areas you visit from your experienced guides and the fascinating exhibits at the local museum and nature centre. With optional tours, escorted activities and free time to do as you wish, this is a short break you will never forget.
Prefer to enjoy an Aurora hunt with snow on the ground? Then check out the winter Northern Lights Break in Menesjarvi!
Still in need of guidance? Check out our Finnish holiday ideas or call our helpful travel team on 0333 800 2033 to find your perfect break in Finland.
Day 1 - Arrive in Finland
Your flight arrives at Ivalo airport and from here you will be met and transferred to the Hotel Korpikartano. Enjoy dinner and gather all the information you need about the forthcoming days on your Northern Lights Mini Break.Meals included:Dinner
Day 2 - Aurora Workshop
There is some free time today on your Northern Lights Mini Break to explore the area and soak up the beautiful surroundings.
Later, before heading out into the night, you will attend a photography workshop and pick up plenty of tips about how to capture the perfect image of the Northern Lights, should they appear.Meals included:Breakfast, Dinner
Day 3 - The Search Continues
Why not delve into Lappish culture and history today at the Sámi Museum and Northern Lapland Nature Centre in Siida? There is also the option, on your Northern Lights Mini Break, to attend a felt-making workshop. Later, with your newly acquired photography skills, head out across Finland’s breathtaking landscapes in search of the Northern Lights.Meals included:Breakfast, Dinner
Day 4 - Return Home
As your Northern Lights Mini Break comes to a close, return to the airport for your flight home. We hope you were lucky enough to see the Northern Lights and capture some great shots of the Aurora. This is one holiday you will be talking about for years to come!Meals included:Breakfast
- Return flights from London Heathrow (details of regional departures on request)
- Return escorted airport transfers
- Three nights' accommodation in standard rooms at the Hotel Korpikartano
- The following activities and excursions, as per the itinerary:
- Northern Lights hunts, on foot and by car
- Aurora workshop
- Visit to Siida Sámi Museum and Northern Lapland Nature Centre
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Specialist Winter clothing provided throughout the stay, including thermal overalls, boots and balaclava for the activities
- Travel Insurance (this can, however, be arranged for you. Simply speak to our travel team for a competitive quote for comprehensive cover)
Please call our friendly advisors on 0333 800 2033 for pricing on this holiday.