Finland: Short Romantic Winter Getaway at Iso Syote
Opt for a Romantic Winter Break and search for the perfect moment together under the Northern Lights
What Makes Me Mighty Fine
- Luxurious, four night break in a stunning suite with magnificent views
- Picture perfect, winter wonderland setting
- Set out on a Northern Lights snowmobile safari, ride in a reindeer sleigh and learn how to mush a pack of dogs
- Enjoy free time for independent exploration
- Opportunity to upgrade to the unique Eagle's View suite
- Specialist Winter clothing provided throughout the stay, including thermal overalls, boots and balaclava for the activities
- Free use of the Artic Spa including Jacuzzis, Sauna and Swimming Pool
The luxury suites at Iso-Syöte are perfect for anyone wanting a short Romantic Winter Break. Here the glass roof and full length windows afford unbelievable views as eagles soar majestically through the snow-filled sky. Ensconced in the pure comfort of your suite, connect with nature as you wait for the splendid Northern Lights to dance through the night like a colourful whirling dervish. In the evening, there is nothing more soothing than listening to the crackle of the fire, unwinding in your private sauna or letting the effervescing Jacuzzi relax you as you soak up the endless panoramas together.
If you can tear yourself away from your luxury accommodation on your Romantic Winter Break, there's an amazing array of fabulous snow activities to enjoy in the great outdoors. Try your hand at steering a husky-drawn sled, ride a snowmobile and hunt the Northern Lights. You can even dip your toes into the culture of Finland with a trip to a reindeer farm, where you will learn about the traditions of the area and how to herd these indigenous animals. This amazing Romantic Winter Break offers a host of amazing new experiences to share and, if you want to personalise your break, why not take a look at the range of optional activities on offer here?
If you could do with a little extra guidance to find your perfect tour, take a look at our Finnish holiday ideas for a few suggestions on adventures in Finland, or check out our snowmobiling holiday ideas and husky safari holiday ideas to find an activity-led getaway. If you're loving the luxurious accommodation aspect of this break, our luxury winter holiday ideas should help you decide on something to suit or if you want something a little more remote, take a peek at our log cabin holiday ideas. If you have any further questions, just call our helpful travel team on 0333 800 2033.
Day 1 - Arrive in Finland
Fly to Oulu Airport and transfer to your luxurious suite at the Hotel Iso-Syöte for your Romantic Winter Break. Take time to settle into your amazing accommodation and explore your fabulous surroundings.
Day 2 - Day at Leisure and Northern Lights Snowmobile Trip
You have plenty of time today on your Romantic Winter Break to get to know the area and enjoy the tranquillity together. You may even prefer to stay warm and cosy inside your suite, making the most of the luxurious facilities and taking in the captivating views.
In the evening, prepare for a thrilling snowmobile ride over the glittering fells and into the silent forests to search for the elusive Northern Lights.Meals included:Breakfast, Dinner
Day 3 - Full Day Husky safari
This morning on your Romantic Winter Break, meet and greet one of Finland’s most adored creatures, the husky. These good-natured dogs provide a reliable form of transport for the Sámi people and today you can discover their history and learn how to guide your team of dogs before embarking on a 30-40km husky expedition. Lunch is enjoyed around an open fire and there will also be the opportunity to take photographs of your new found furry friends and the surrounding snowy wilderness.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4 - Trip to a Reindeer Farm
We journey by snowmobile to a local reindeer farm today, travelling through uninterrupted scenes of natural beauty. At the farm, learn about reindeer husbandry and practice herding the antlered creatures before enjoying a relaxing reindeer-drawn sleigh ride. Afterwards, we return for refreshments at the kota. The final evening of your Romantic Winter Break can be spent together in your luxurious suite and with any luck, the Northern Lights will appear for you.Meals included:Breakfast, Dinner
Day 5 - Departure
Your Romantic Winter Break comes to an end today. Collect your belongings and prepare for your departing flight from Oulu Airport. What was your outstanding memory of your holiday? Did you see the Northern Lights? Finland is a destination beyond your wildest dreams and one you are sure to want to return to again some day.Meals included:Breakfast
- Return international flights from London Heathrow (details of regional departures on request)
- Escorted airport transfers
- Four nights' accommodation in a luxury suite (upgrade to the Eagles View suite is available at a supplement)
- The following activities and excursions, as per the itinerary:
- Husky safari
- Northern Lights safari
- Reindeer safari
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Specialist Winter clothing provided throughout the stay, including thermal overalls, boots and balaclava for the activities.
Free use of the Artic Spa including Jacuzzis, Sauna and Swimming Pool.
- Travel Insurance (this can, however, be arranged for you. Simply speak to our travel team for a competitive quote for comprehensive cover)
- Prices are per person, based on two adults sharing
- Prices are based on departures from London Heathrow
- Other departure airports may be available and a supplement may apply
Please note: In previous years this tour has been based in the Eagle's View Suite accommodation. For the 2016/2017 season the accommodation is based on the new hotel suites. For a supplement it is still possible to upgrade to the Eagle's View suite for one or all four nights. Please ask for details. This itinerary is subject to change and supplements may apply if you opt for an activitiy which is not scheduled to take place during your time in the resort.