Finland: Romantic Winter Honeymoon
A secluded Winter Honeymoon surrounded by breathtaking panoramas for the ultimate in romance
What Makes Me Mighty Fine
- Eight day, romantic honeymoon in a picture-perfect setting at the top of one of Finland’s most scenic fells
- Spend six nights in a cosy log cabin and a night at the magical Eagle’s View Suite
- Set out on a private reindeer sleigh ride
- Take part in a Northern Lights safari, drive a team of huskies and go snowmobiling
- Enjoy free time for independent exploration
- Receive traditional Lappish wedding gifts during your stay
- Specialist Winter clothing provided throughout the stay, including thermal overalls, boots and balaclava for the activities
- Free use of the Artic Spa including Jacuzzis, Sauna and Swimming Pool.
- Free use of Snow Shoes throughout your stay
Iso Syöte, in Finnish Lapland, is set among beautiful fell top scenery, providing an enchanting location for the perfect Winter Honeymoon. Find romance in the star-lit, snow-dusted landscape as you await the mesmerising Northern Lights.
This amazing eight day break features six nights in a cosy, traditional log cabin and a night in the amazing Eagle's View Suite. This one-of-a-kind accommodation is split across two floors, with glass walls and roofs ensuring guests don’t miss an inch of the breathtaking view. A night in this unforgettable base is undoubtedly a real highlight of your break together, as you relax in Finland's most romantic retreat.
Daytimes on your Winter Honeymoon are simply amazing. Snowmobile over frozen lakes, take a reindeer-drawn sleigh ride through the snowy fells and warm up in your own personal sauna. At the end of each exciting day, relax in your cabin watch the flames of the roaring log fire and lose yourself in the fairytale setting of your Winter Honeymoon.
On arrival in Iso Syöte you will receive a basket filled with traditional Lappish and Finnish gifts. Snuggle up in the warm reindeer skin by candlelight and treasure all those extra touches that make these romantic honeymoons so very special.
For full details of of this amazing break, see the itinerary below. And should you want to personalise your trip further, take a look at the range of optional activities on offer here.
Looking for the same couple's experience on shorter break? Then our five day Short Romantic Getaway is perfect for you!
If you need a little more guidance to find the break that's right for you, take a look at our Finnish holiday ideas, luxury winter holiday ideas, snowmobiling holiday ideas or log cabin holiday ideas. If you have any further questions, just call our helpful travel team on 0333 800 2033.
Day 1 - Arriving in Finland
From the airport, transfer to Iso Syöte and settle into your inviting log cabin, enjoying the gifts that await you on your Winter Honeymoon.Meals included:Dinner
Day 2 - Romantic Reindeer Sleigh Ride
On the first full day of your Winter Honeymoon, you can sit back and watch the striking Finnish scenery pass you by as the indigenous reindeer take you on a private sleigh ride. This enchanting tour really lets you unwind and enjoy great views. You will have the rest of the day, on your Winter Honeymoon, to spend as you like. Perhaps take a dip in the hotel swimming pool or turn up the heat in the sauna before enjoying a romantic evening meal.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 3 - Kicksledding
Discover an authentic Finnish pastime today as you embark on an incredible kicksledding excursion. Your guide will show you the tricks and techniques of getting around by kicksled before you set out on your own adventure. Explore the countryside together as you master this exciting pursuit before reaching a traditional Kota for a warming coffee.Meals included:Breakfast, Dinner
Day 4 - Day at Leisure and Northern Lights Safari
Spend some free time today discovering Iso Syöte’s fell region. There are plenty of hiking trails to choose from or, if you want to get your heart pumping, try some of the many ski slopes surrounding the resort. This evening, you can look forward to a thrilling Northern Lights safari. When you take the snowmobiles out under the stars, away from artificial lights, you may get the chance to witness this celebrated phenomenon and discover why these displays are one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. What better way to celebrate your Winter Honeymoon than with the romance of the Aurora?Meals included:Breakfast, Dinner
Day 5 - Full Day Husky Safari
Today, on your Winter Honeymoon, travel to a nearby husky farm to meet these amazing dogs. From here you will embark on a sensational four to five hour husky sledding tour through the pristine wilderness, covering between 25 and 40 kilometres with these incredible creatures. Journey through snow-capped forests and over frozen lakes on the ultimate dog sledding adventure!Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 6 - Snowmobiling
Get set for an exhilarating, three hour snowmobile tour through the captivating fell area of Iso Syöte and its neighbouring landscape. Admire the breathtaking views that make this Winter Honeymoon so special when you break for tea and coffee around the campfire, before making your way back to the hotel.Meals included:Breakfast, Dinner
Day 7 - Optional Activities
There is plenty of free time today on your Winter Honeymoon. You may wish to take part in some additional activities, such as kick-sledding, snowshoe hiking, skiing or ice fishing. For another kind of Finnish discovery, why not head to the spectacular Ranua Zoo? Home to a range of Arctic wildlife, including the mighty Polar Bear, Ranua is the ultimate wildlife choice for those on a Winter Honeymoon. Speak to one of our travel advisers and let us book your activities before you travel.Meals included:Breakfast, Dinner
Day 8 - Depart Iso Syöte
Have your final breakfast together on your Winter Honeymoon at Iso Syöte before returning to the airport for your flight home. This fabulous break is sure to leave you with memories that will last a lifetime. What an amazing start to your married life! Finland is sure to hold a very special place in your heart.Meals included:Breakfast
- Return international flights from London Heathrow (details of regional departures on request)
- Escorted airport transfers
- Six nights' accommodation in a kelo log cabin and one night in the Eagle's View Suite, your cabin is retained for your night in the Eagle's View Suite
- The following activities and excursions, as per the itinerary:
- Private reindeer safari
- Husky safari
- Kicksledding excursion
- Snowmobile excursion
- Northern Lights Safari
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Honeymoon welcome pack
- Specialist Winter clothing provided throughout the stay, including thermal overalls, boots and balaclava for the activities.
- Free use of Snow Shoes throughout your stay Free use of the Artic Spa including Jacuzzis, Sauna and Swimming Pool.
- Travel Insurance (this can, however, be arranged for you. Simply speak to our travel team for a competitive quote for comprehensive cover)
- Prices are per person, based on two adults sharing
- a full and valid driver's licence is required to drive a snowmobile
- the order of activities on this holiday is subject to change.