Finland: Summer Activity Holiday in Finnish Lapland
Choose a Summer Activity Holiday for the family and enjoy a range of Finland's thrilling pursuits
What Makes Me Mighty Fine
- Flexible, six day, summer, activity break - perfect for nature lovers of all ages
- Stay in a welcoming, comfortable hotel with a charming Sami influence
- Experience Finland’s scenic beauty and enjoy the Midnight Sun
- Choose from our great range of optional activities to make your holiday as relaxing or action-packed as you like
Situated close to the Pallas-Ylläs National Park in western Lapland, the Hotel Harriniva is the perfect base for enjoying outdoor pursuits. A summer activity holiday in Finnish Lapland is a great way to spend quality time with family or friends, and the fresh air and pristine countryside really lets you reconnect with nature.
Summer in Finnish Lapland is characterised by long daylight hours, since its northerly location, above the Arctic Circle, means that the sun barely dips below the horizon before rising again. This is great news for travellers on our summer activity holiday as, whether you're an early riser or a night owl, you can enjoy the great outdoors almost around the clock.
Our summer activity holiday let's you tailor make your own break, as all of the activities are optional. Spend time doing what you want to do and put together the ideal programme for your family from our extensive range of optional excursions.
The Hotel Harriniva always greets guests with a warm welcome. The rooms are cosy and comfortable and the décor reflects the traditions of Sámi culture. Some rooms even have their own private sauna, which is the perfect place to unwind after a day’s activities. Hearty home-cooked meals are served in the hotel’s spacious dining room and these are always well received at the end of a fun-filled day.
Prefer to stay in a traditional Kelo log cabin? Then check out our Summer in Finland holiday, complete with authentic accommodation!
Still in need of guidance? Check out our Finnish holiday ideas or call our helpful travel team on 0333 800 2033 to find your perfect break in Finland.
Day 1 - Summer Activity Holiday in Finnish Lapland
Arrive at the Hotel Harriniva and enjoy a relaxing first day of your summer activity holiday. Perhaps enjoy an evening walk to familiarise yourself with the surrounding area.
Days 2 to 5 - Optional Activities
For the following three days of your summer activity holiday you can tailor make your own programme of outdoor fun. We can book these, and more, activities for you prior to your departure. Speak to our friendly travel advisers for more information.
The Hotel Harriniva is located on the banks of the Muonio River, which makes it a handy place for a canoe expedition. Enjoy the scenery and wildlife as you paddle along the river with a guide.
Arctic Sled Dog Centre
Take a trip to one of Europe’s largest husky centres and be greeted by 400 lovable sled dogs. Meet the puppies, learn how they are trained and cared for and discover more about the life of a husky musher.
Don lifejackets and helmets and paddle away on a thrilling 6km journey down the Muonio River rapids. Your guide will ensure that the raft stays on track.
If you have never fished before, the summer activity holiday is the time to learn. A tutor will show you the technique and the best places to cast. Fish for salmon and grayling from the banks of the Muonio River or hike to a nearby lake and try for pike and perch.
Explore the surrounding fells and forests on foot, following the network of hiking trails. Enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of the natural world.
Day 6 - Departure
After breakfast, transfer to the airport for your flight home, feeling fully refreshed and simply brimming with great memories of your time enjoying the long and lovely days of a typically Finnish summer!Meals included:Breakfast
- Return international flights from London Heathrow (details of regional departures on request)
- Five nights' accommodation in log cabin or hotel room (upgrade details on request)
- Escorted airport transfers
- Meals as per the itinerary (may vary depending on accommodation choice)
- Travel Insurance (this can, however, be arranged for you. Simply speak to our travel team for a competitive quote for comprehensive cover)
|Dates||Hotel - Prices From||Log Cabins - Prices From|
- Prices are per person, based on two adults sharing
- Prices are based on departures from London Heathrow
- Other departures may be available and a supplement may apply
- Child prices quoted are based on one child sharing with two adults
- Child prices quoted are for children between 4 and 11 years of age