Finland: Summer in Finland
Choose a Summer Log Cabin holiday and unwind in the natural beauty of Finland
What Makes Me Mighty Fine
- Flexible, eight day, fly drive for families, couples and groups
- Choose from a log cabin or hotel accommodation
- Design your own break with five days of fabulous optional activities
- Enjoy free time to explore at leisure, make the most of the Midnight Sun, visit the Russian Border, cross the Arctic Circle and visit the Santa Village in Rovaniemi
As the long summer days of Finland stretch out before you, soak up the tranquility of dense forests, rugged peaks and reflective lakes that make this wonderful country so appealing. When you spend Summer in Finland on a fly drive holiday, you have total freedom to explore at your own pace. As you begin your journey with a scenic drive to Iso-Syöte, vast stretches of breathtaking countryside open up before you.
Enjoy a relaxing stay in a charming log cabin which boasts all the facilities you need for your summer in Finland. Perched on top of a lush fell, the cabins offer terrific views of the sunken valleys and forests. During your Summer in Finland make the most of the numerous local attractions. Tailor make your own itinerary, discover fascinating sights and use your time to design the perfect holiday for you.
The entrancing Midnight Sun means that, during your summer in Finland, you can enjoy outdoor activities late into the evening. Unwind with a spot of fishing, paddle through the glistening waters in a canoe or explore the wilderness on a wildlife safari. However you wish to spend your summer in Finland, you are sure to fall in love with this captivating country.
For more details of this wonderful break, take a look at the full itinerary below.
Rather explore more than one location? Take a look at our Wild Taiga Fly Drive and discover a variety of destinations!
Still in need of guidance? Check out our Finnish holiday ideas, family holiday ideas or log cabin holiday ideas to find your perfect getaway. Alternatively, speak to our helpful travel team on 0333 800 2033 or using our online chat system (during office hours).
Day 1 - Your Holiday Begins in Oulu
On arrival at Oulu airport, collect your hire car and begin your summer in Finland with a picturesque drive to Iso-Syöte. Once you have settled into your rustic log cabin, why not relax in the sauna before heading over to the local restaurant for a delicious Finnish meal?
Days 2 to 7 - Optional Activities
With a host of local attractions to explore in your hire car and the following optional activities to choose from, you're guaranteed a fabulous summer in Finland on this amazing break.
Finland’s Syöte National Park is the perfect location for keen hikers wanting to see more of the stunning countryside during a summer in Finland. Idyllic scenery envelops a number of different tracks which vary in difficulty, meaning that there is something to suit travellers of all abilities on a Finnish summer fly drive.
Learn all the essential canoeing skills from a professional guide. Paddle across peaceful waters and admire the heavenly panoramas that surround you. This is a great activity for all the family when spending summer in Finland.
Zip over fertile fells, through swampy ground and along forest trails on a quad bike. When you spend your summer in Finland at the Iso-Syöte you will be provided with full instructions, safety helmets and insurance before your adventure begins. You will need a full driving licence to take part in this activity.
When you spend the summer in Finland you will be amazed at the incredible native wildlife. Learn about the culture, traditions and everyday life of a reindeer herder when you embark on a trip to the wilderness in search of reindeer. Alternatively, visit a local reindeer farm and get even closer to these endearing animals.
Finland’s rivers and streams are ideal for fishing. All equipment and fishing licences will be provided for people enjoying their summer in Finland on a fly drive holiday. Pick up useful tips from local fishermen and discover the best places to cast your line. Sit back, breathe in the fresh air, admire fabulous views and wait for a catch.
Waterfalls and Nature Walk
Hepoköngäs is Finland’s highest waterfall and definitely worth the one hour drive to Puolanka to see it in all its glory. Explore Finland in the summer and look for some of the remarkable wildlife that inhabits the country.
Bask in the warmth of the Finnish sun as you play a round or two of golf at the nine-hole course which can be reached by car in less than an hour from Iso-Syöte.
Ranua Wildlife ParkMeals included:Breakfast
This wildlife park is one of Finland’s gems and a great place for visitors to witness Arctic animals in as authentic surroundings as possible. The park houses approximately 50 species including wolves, foxes, bears and lynxes and is certainly well worth a visit.
Day 8 - Departure
Travel back to Oulu airport to return your hire car as your summer in Finland concludes. What is your favourite holiday memory? Which of the amazing activities did you try? You are sure to be returning home with fabulous photographs and amazing memories. Once seen, Finland is never forgotten!Meals included:Breakfast
- Seven nights' accommodation in a log cabin
- Eight days' car hire based on a Nissan Micra (upgrade details on request)
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Travel Insurance (this can, however, be arranged for you. Simply speak to our travel team for a competitive quote for comprehensive cover)
- Prices are per person, based on two people sharing a traditional Kelo Log Cabin
- The price is based on a Nissan Micra for the duration of the holiday
- Flights are based on departures from London Heathrow
- Other departure airports may be available and a supplement may apply
- Child prices quoted are based on one child sharing with two adults
- Child prices quoted are for children between 4 and 11 years of age
- A Credit card is obligatory to receive the car from the rental company at the airport
- Valid drivers licence must be shown when picking up the car
- Driver must be at least 25 years