Finland: Baltic Twin Centre City Break
See amazing sights on our Twin Centre City Break
What Makes Me Mighty Fine
- Fascinating, four day, short break visiting the wonderful Baltic Capitals of Helsinki and Talinn
- Explore the historic, medieval, walled city of Talinn and drink in its fabulous atmosphere
- Visit the highlights of Helsinki including the amazing cathedral of St Peter and St Paul
- Enjoy this break as a stand alone or as the perfect add on to a trip to Lapland
Short on time but in serious need of some fun? Our Twin Centre City Break in Finland and Estonia could be just the tonic! In just three nights we’ll take you far away from your day-to-day life, introducing you to two amazing capitals and inviting you to spend a night or two in each one.
Helsinki, Finland’s capital, is your first port of call on our Twin Centre City Break. This wonderful destination has so much to thrill and delight the visitor. Sightseeing highlights include the Evangelic Lutheran Cathedral which is, for many, a symbol of the city. Also popular is the Sibelius Monument, Esplanade Park, the 1930s Olympic Stadium and wonderful Senate Square with is surrounding Neoclassical architecture.
Lovers of art and history will be in their element here with the vast array of museums and galleries on offer. The Ateneum Art Museum, for starters, contains over 20,000 works dating from the 1750s to the 1950s, whilst the Museum of Contemporary Art boasts collections dating from the 1960s onwards. The National Museum of Finland charts Finnish history from pre-historic times, whilst the Seurasaari Open Air Museum offers an insight into the social history of the country.
Leaving Finland, on this Twin Centre City Break, to sail over to Estonia, there’s yet more history in store. Tallinn’s heritage dates back some 800 years. A highlight of this wonderful city is its UNESCO listed medieval old town where you’ll find gabled houses, hidden courtyards and fine churches. This area was built between the 13th and 16th centuries and comes in a fairytale package of city walls, dotted with guard towers.
Another highlight of Estonia is the Kadriorg district, an area reminiscent of the days when the country was ruled by Russia. Kadriorg is something of a living architectural museum where villas and summer estates mix with apartments and wooden houses. It is here that you will find the president’s residence and many foreign embassies, but the most famous landmark in the area is the Baroque Palace and Park built for Peter I.
A great break for couples and friends who want some time away from the hustle and bustle and are keen to explore new destinations and cultures, our Twin Centre City Break offers a fascinating insight into the past and the present of two wonderful destinations.
Prefer to add a stop in Stockholm to your adventure? Then take a look at our Baltic Cruise, taking you to Helsinki, Stockholm and Tallinn!
Day 1 - Arrival
Your Twin Centre City Break begins today as you fly into Helsinki. Take time to explore the city and its many attractions before settling down for the night in your centrally located hotel. Perhaps Helsinki’s fabulous nightlife will appeal or maybe you will prefer to take things easy?
Day 2 - Tallinn
This morning we say a temporary goodbye to Finland on our Twin Centre City Break and board the ferry to beautiful Estonia. You’ll arrive in this wonderful country in plenty of time to enjoy the majority of the day exploring the historical wonder of Tallinn and discovering exactly why the old town is UNESCO listed. Tonight you will stay in a city centre hotel and, once you have freshened up, you can be out on the town again, enjoying the nightlife in this fabulously charming city.Meals included:Breakfast
Day 3 - Helsinki
It’s goodbye Estonia this morning on our Twin Centre City Break as we leave its beautiful shores behind and return, by ferry, to Helsinki. Reacquainting yourself with the city, you can discover more of its fascinating heritage and wonderful modern day attractions. Our Twin Centre City Break comes complete with a complimentary city pass which offers entrance to lots of attractions for free! After a day’s sightseeing, check into your city centre hotel for your final night in Finland.Meals included:Breakfast
Day 4 - Departure
It may be the last day of your Twin Centre City Break but it’s been a great trip! What are your personal highlights? Was Estonia your city of choice with its fabulous history and friendly atmosphere, or did you prefer the numerous attractions of Finland, its wonderful monuments, great museums and galleries and thriving café culture?Meals included:Breakfast
- Return international flights from London Heathrow (details of regional departures on request)
- Two nights' accommodation at a Helsinki Hotel. Scandic Grand Marina or similar
- One nights' accommodation at a Talinn hotel. The Tallink Spa and Conference Hotel or similar
- Ferry between Helsinki and Tallinn
- The following activities and excursions, as per the itinerary:
- Bus tour of Helsinki
- Travel Insurance (this can, however, be arranged for you. Simply speak to our travel team for a competitive quote for comprehensive cover)
|Dates||Voyage, flights and transfers - Prices From|
- Prices are per person, based on two adults sharing
- Prices are based on departures from London airports
- Other airports may be available and a supplement may apply
- Prices exclude Helsinki Flybus from the Airport to Helsinki centre at about €7 per person one way