Iceland: Activity and Adventure Holidays Viking Challenge
Opt for our Iceland Activity Holiday and set out on a challenging Viking adventure
What Makes Me Mighty Fine
- An action-packed, eight day summer activity holiday for those with children aged 14 and over featuring whale watching, white water rafting, ATV driving, glacier hiking, ice climbing and visiting the Golden Circle and the Blue Lagoon
- Set sail in search of Orcas and Humpback Whales on an amazing sea safari and explore lava fields on horseback
- Visit The Golden Circle to see Iceland's foremost, iconic natural attractions and experience the world famous Blue Lagoon - an azure, geo-thermal spa set in a lava field
The Viking Challenge Activity Holiday is great fun for anyone over the age of 14 who has a love for adventure holidays and the great outdoors. This multi-activity break allows guests to enjoy all of the action and explore the diverse Icelandic countryside. Admire the ever-changing landscapes as you take an exhilarating ATV ride across volcanic terrains or set sail on a whale watching excursion - a real highlight of this Iceland Activity Holiday. Visit the Golden Circle and discover Þingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site due to its outstanding beauty, and marvel at the stunning rainbows that sweep across Gullfoss Waterfall (the ‘Golden Falls’). You'll also have ample time to discover the wildlife, history and culture of this extraordinary country as you travel from one spectacular site to another. There are so many things to do in and around Reykjavík, you will be spoiled for choice.
When you book an Iceland Activity Holiday there is a choice of accommodation options available to suit your budget, ranging from guesthouses and 3 star hotels to luxury 5 star offerings. All of our hotels offer an exceptional level of comfort, whether you opt for the basic or upgraded package. However, with the option to upgrade to accommodation such as the Hotel Borg or the Grand Hotel Reykjavik, you may well chooce to add a taste of luxury to your Iceland Activity Holiday.
Travelling with children under 14? Our Viking Challenge Family Experience caters for those as young as six.
Still in need of guidance? Check out our Icelandic Holiday Ideas or our Whale Watching Holiday Ideas for a cetecean focussed break, and call our helpful travel team on 0333 800 2033 to find your perfect break in Iceland.
Day 1 - Arrive in Reykjavik
Your Iceland Activity Holiday begins in Reykjavík where you will check into your selected accommodation. If time permits, perhaps enjoy a stroll around the city and get acquainted with your surroundings.
Day 2 - Visit to the Golden Circle and white water rafting
Kick off day two of your Iceland Activity Holiday with a tour of the famous Golden Circle. This wonderful trip takes you to Þingvellir National Park, Gullfoss Waterfall and the impressive Geysir hot springs, which can shoot jets of water up to 70 metres high.
Later in the day your Iceland Activity Holiday continues with an exciting white water rafting adventure down the foaming rapids and along deep gorges.Meals included:Breakfast
Day 3 - Glacial Hiking and Ice Climbing
Enjoy an invigorating hike over Iceland’s picturesque landscape and witness the cascading torrents of the Skógafoss Waterfall before you get chance to marvel at the mighty Sólheimajökull glacier. Deep crevices and unusual ice sculptures punctuate this snow-covered wonderland on your breathtaking Iceland Activity Holiday. Have a go at climbing up the slippery ice wall before making your way back to the hotel.Meals included:Breakfast
Day 4 - Horse Riding and Whale Watching
Today is filled with great activities. In the morning you will trek over lava fields on horseback, admiring the strange volcanic rock structures that embrace the Mount Helgafell Volcano. This fun-filled day of your Iceland Activity Holiday concludes with a boat trip from Reykjavík harbour to spot various species of whale and other native wildlife.Meals included:Breakfast
Day 5 - ATV ride and a visit to the Blue Lagoon
Explore more of the dramatic countryside on a speedy all-terrain vehicle, training will be given but a valid driving licence will be needed for this activity. Speed over the bumpy lava plateaus on Reykjanes Peninsula. Relax in the afternoon at the Blue Lagoon and bathe in its geothermal waters as you look out across fabulous scenery that lies under clouds of steam on your Iceland Activity Holiday.Meals included:Breakfast
Day 6 - Caving and Snorkelling the Silfra fissure
Today you are exploring the hidden world between Þingvellir and Laugarvatn. Start the day exploring an incredible underground cave created by Iceland's powerful seismic activity. While you are in this cave you will understand how nature's power has shaped not just Iceland's landscape but it's folklore and culture. Following this you will get to explore the Silfra fissure, snorkelling along the ravine which seperates the European and American continents. After your trip through the crystal clear waters you will be able to boast that you have snorkelled from Europe to America!Meals included:Breakfast
Day 7 - Take the Hiking Challenge
On the your last full day in Iceland you can see more of Iceland’s lush valleys, erupting hot springs, tumbling waterfalls and soaring mountains with a fabulous 4-6 hour hike. Don't forget your camera as you're sure to encounter some outstanding photographic opportunities.Meals included:Breakfast
Day 8 - Departure
Your Iceland Activity Holiday comes to an end and you must say goodbye to this remarkable ‘Land of Fire and Ice’. You'll be returning home with great photographs, even better memories and, no doubt, plans to return to this magical island once more.Meals included:Breakfast
- Return international flights from London Gatwick (details of regional departures on request)
- Seven nights' accommodation in a local standard hotel (upgrade details on request)
- Unescorted airport transfers
- The following activities and excursions, as per the itinerary:
- Golden Circle tour
- White water rafting
- Glacier hike and ice climbing excursion
- ATV excursion
- Visit to the Blue Lagoon
- Horse riding
- Whale watching safari
- Hiking challenge
- Caving excursion
- Snorkelling excursion
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Travel Insurance (this can, however, be arranged for you. Simply speak to our travel team for a competitive quote for comprehensive cover)
- Prices are per person, based on two adults sharing
- Prices are based on departures from London airports
- Other departure airports are available and a supplement may apply
- This tour is not suitable for children under 14 years of age
- good quality hiking boots, warm outdoor clothing, waterproof jacket and trousers, hat, gloves and a towel are needed for this tour
- this tour is only suitable for children over the age of 14.