Namibia: Highlights of Unique Namibia Safari
Exciting Namibia Safari Holiday allowing you to witness some of the country's best wildlife
What Makes Me Mighty Fine
- Action-packed, full board, 10 day safari, allowing you to discover amazing desert-adapted wildlife whilst visiting some of Namibia’s hidden gems
- Search for the endangered Black Rhino with the assistance of expert trackers who will radio you when the amazing animals come into sight
- Explore the Skeleton Coast National Park, visiting hot springs where you will encounter stunning African Elephants
- Enjoy quad biking, nature walks, hiking and more at the luxurious Little Kulula Camp near the red sand dunes of Sossusvlei
- Lodge in camps far removed from civilisation allowing you to get up close to extraordinary animals in their natural habitats
Namibia is home to some of the world’s most remote areas, inhabited by remarkably unique wildlife. On this Namibia Safari Holiday you’ll travel to Palmwag, a private area spanning across Damaraland and the Kaokoveld desert; Sossusvlei, home to the petrified red sand dunes, the largest in the world; and the fascinating, inhospitable Skeleton Coast.
The untouched land of the Skeleton Coast is enveloped by a mysterious fog which could account for the series of seafaring tragedies, the wrecks of which are visible from land. This barren area is one of very few in the world where you’ll experience the captivating sense of eerie isolation with sound coming only from the ocean lapping the sand. As you move further inland to the Hoanib Skeleton Coast Camp, you’ll notice many different creatures beginning to emerge and visit hot springs where you’ll witness Elephants wading in the water.
Continue on your Namibia Safari Holiday to the Desert Rhino Camp where you’ll have ample opportunities to spot Africa’s largest free roaming herd of Black Rhino. Travel the desert with expert trackers who will do their utmost to ensure that you catch a glimpse of this incredible animal. Some trackers will head out separately and contact you via radio when a Rhino is spotted. At this point you’ll dash to the area and, with safety in mind, approach the animal on foot.
On this Namibia Safari Holiday, you’ll embark on several game drives, amongst many other exhilarating activities, spotting desert-adapted lions, giraffes, ostriches, jackals and aardwolves plus Hartmann’s Mountain Zebras, indigenous to Namibia.
If you would rather see the Okavango Delta, take a look at the Best of Botswana including Victoria Falls tour.
Still in need of guidance? Take a look at our African Holiday Ideas or Namibian Holiday Ideas to find your perfect tour. If you're looking for a wildlife-focussed break, take a peek at our African Safari Holiday Ideas or Wildlife Watching Holiday Ideas. Alternatively, call our helpful travel team on 0333 800 2033.
Day 1 - Arrival
Upon arrival at Windhoek, transfer to Hoanib Skeleton Coast Camp. As you travel along Namibia’s west coast, discover the desolate shoreline littered with the remnants of maritime disasters, each one with its own tale. Don’t worry about taking it all in today as we’ll be returning to the area over the next few days.
Settle into your accommodation, situated in a private area that spans parts of the Skeleton Coast National Park and Damaraland. Enjoy this newly opened accommodation which comprises of several stylish, en-suite tents, a bar, pool, lounging areas and a nearby watering hole which attracts a range of different animals. Take in your incredible surroundings before getting some rest in preparation for your exciting Namibia Safari Holiday activities which begin tomorrow.Meals included:Dinner
Days 2 to 3 - Hoanib Skeleton Coast Camp
You will spend the next two days of your Namibia Safari Holiday based at the Hoanib Skeleton Coast Camp. Due to its brilliant location in the midst of the desert, you’ll be able to participate in several activities during your time here. Travel across the vast land on exciting game drives as you search for Africa’s remarkable wildlife. Some of the hotspots you may visit include the Hoanib Riverbed, Amspoort and the Presidents Waterhole plus the hot springs where you will spot some stunning African Elephants. Upon return to camp, you’ll receive informative lectures on the Palmwag area and the Lions of Skeleton Coast followed by star gazing.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4 - Hoanib Skeleton Coast Camp - Desert Rhino Camp
Bid farewell to the Hoanib Camp as you travel to another section of the private Palmwag area. Discover tree-lined, fresh water springs with an abundance of different animals drinking from them, as well as stunning landscapes and unique birdlife, such as the African Hawk-Eagle, circling above you.
Head to the Desert Rhino Camp, a charismatic site, run in conjunction with the Save the Rhino Trust. Built on raised decking, this remote lodge is the perfect base for spotting lions, zebras and, of course, the endangered Black Rhino. The en-suite rooms are designed in a Meru-style, with ancient Welwitschia plants scattered throughout.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Days 5 to 6 - Desert Rhino Camp
The following two days of your Namibia Safari Holiday will be spent at the Desert Rhino Camp, an excellent spot for viewing the Black Rhino, where you’ll enjoy many different activities. Embark on game drives with expert trackers in search of the remarkable Black Rhino. Receive radio calls from the trackers when they have found one of these great creatures and travel to the area. On arrival, exit your vehicle and get up close to the fascinating creatures on foot. Along the way you may also encounter the Brown and Spotted Hyena, found in very few areas of the world. Other activities include guided nature walks, hiking trials, traditional dining and lectures on Namibian culture, the local communities, the Black Rhino and the Save the Rhino Trust.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 7 - Desert Rhino Camp - Little Kulala
Today, on your Namibia Safari Holiday, you will transfer by small Wilderness plane to Little Kulala. You will witness awe-inspiring views as you soar over Namibia. As your lodge is located close to the ancient red sand dunes of Sossusvlei, you will be treated to a bird’s eye view of this stunning attraction.
Your luxurious accommodation includes spacious, en-suite rooms which each have a private pool and rooftop space for star gazing when night falls. There’s also a lounge, bar, library and wine cellar to ensure that all your needs are tended to whilst you enjoy the area. The onsite watering hole attracts a wealth of different animals including the Gemsbok, Springbok and many others.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Days 8 to 9 - Little Kulala
A variety of activities will occupy the next two days of your Namibia Safari Holiday. Travel across the nearby land on a guided quad bike tour, allowing you to take in the remarkable desert and animals that reside here at high-speed. Slow the pace as you head out on a nature drive in search of the Bat-Eared Fox, Aardwolf, Ostrich and Jackal, amongst other fantastic creatures. Walk the Black Mountain Trail with an expert guide or take advantage of the clear desert sky as you use the onsite telescope to discover the amazing star constellations. For an extra free, try horseback riding, enjoy a balloon safari or have a relaxing massage in camp.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 10 - Departure
After breakfast, transfer back to Windhoek where you’ll board your flight home. If you’re not ready to end your Namibia Safari Holiday, why not speak to one of our friendly advisers about extending your stay with a visit to the famous Etosha National Park? Whether you choose to stay or depart, you’re sure to have gained plenty of memories of this incredible African experience.Meals included:Breakfast
- Return international flights from London Heathrow (details of region departures on request)
- Direct return flight from London Gatwick to Harstad/Narvik airport.
- Transfers by airport bus.
- Escorted airport transfers
- Wilderness plane transfers between camps
- Four night stay in double room.
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Three nights' accommodation at the Desert Rhino Camp in Damaraland
- Three nights' accommodation at the Haonib Skeleton Coast Camp in the Skeleton Coast National Park
- Three activities, Nature Safari, Taste of Sami Culture, Dog Sledding.
- Local Certified guide on site.
- Three nights' accommodation at the Little Kulala Camp in Etosha National Park
- The following activities and excursions, as per the itinerary:
- One morning and one afternoon excursion in Little Kulala
- One morning and one afternoon excursion in Hoanib Skeleton Coast Camp
- One morning and one afternoon excursion in Desert Rhino Camp
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Services of professional guides
- 15kg luggage allowance
- Travel Insurance
- Visas – required for entry into Namibia. Visa requirements vary depending on nationality and we recommend contacting the relevant embassies for details
- Local payments
- Prices are per person, based on two adults sharing.
- due to flight departure times, you may need to fly out a day before the start of your Namibia Safari and/or spend an additional night in Africa at the end of your holiday