Namibia: Lodge and Wilderness Safari in Namibia
Take our Wilderness Safari in Namibia and discover some of the world's most fascinating animals
What Makes Me Mighty Fine
- Exciting 11 day exploration of Namibia, travelling from the capital Windhoek and taking in Sossusvlei, Swakopmund, the Etosha National Park and the Waterberg Plateau, exploring fascinating national parks and nature reserves
- Visit the world’s highest sand dunes at Sossusvlei
- Stop at Swakopmund, a quaint German town, and soak up its calming atmosphere
- See Cape Fur Seals at their breeding site at Cape Cross
- Head into the Petrified Forest to see 250 million year old trees
- Enjoy game drives in Etosha National Park
- Get up close to Cheetahs at the Cheetah Conservation Foundation in Otjiwarongo
- Spend time at Waterberg Plateau National Park, the country’s only mountain game park
Take this wilderness safari in Namibia and encounter unique African wildlife and birdlife whilst exploring the varying terrains of this fascinating country. Meet the Big Five as well as Cheetahs, Giraffes, Hyenas, Gemsboks and Cape Fur Seals! This country is brimming with exciting wildlife, just waiting to be discovered.
On this holiday you’ll complete a round trip from Namibia’s capital, Windhoek, stopping at some of the country’s many highlights. Visit Namib Naukluft, Estoha and Waterberg Plateau National Parks, each offering their own unique attractions. Look out for the fabulous wildlife in these protected areas – you may encounter Geckos, Jackals, Oryx or Springboks which you are unlikely to find anywhere else in the World.
Your wilderness safari in Namibia takes you to Sossusvlei, a heavily deserted area, where you’ll find many interesting animals who can only survive on the kinds of terrain here. You’ll also see Cape Fur Seals at their breeding site and have chance to interact with Cheetahs at the Cheetah Conservation Foundation. You’ll visit Swakopmund, a quaint German town, where you’ll be able to relax and take in your stunning surroundings and you’ll also have chance to explore the thriving city of Windhoek.
If wildlife’s your thing, this wilderness safari in Namibia is the perfect trip for you!
Want to see Namibia at your own pace whilst staying in luxurious camps? Try the Highlights of Unique Namibia Safari.
Still in need of guidance? Take a look at our Namibian Holiday Ideas to find your perfect tour, or call our helpful travel team on 0333 800 2033.
Day 1 - Arrive in Windhoek
On arrival at Hosea Kutako International Airport, transfer to your accommodation in Namibia’s capital city. Take a short, guided, orientation tour before enjoying some leisure time, exploring this thriving city. Your wilderness safari in Namibia begins tomorrow.
Days 2 to 3 - Windhoek – Sossusvlei
Start your wilderness safari in Namibia with a drive to the Namib Naukluft National Park, one of the oldest deserts in the world. Here you may spot Snakes, Geckos, Hyenas, Gemsboks, Jackals and many unusual insects. The following day, you’ll have an early start as you head to Sossusvlei and Deadvlei, where you’ll find the world’s highest sand dunes - reaching some 300m. Watch the sunrise over these stunning natural features and make the most of this fantastic photo opportunity. Whilst here, you’ll also visit the Lake Vlei which could be a glistening oasis or may be completely barren, depending on the time of year. Moving on, you’ll travel to Sesriem Canyon which is believed to have been carved millions of years ago by the Tsauchab River.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Days 4 to 5 - Sossusvlei – Swakopmund
Continue your wilderness safari in Namibia through Namib Naufluft National Park. Keep your eyes peeled for the rare plant and animal species which reside here. The Welwitchia Mirabilis, an odd looking desert shrub, can be found here. This particular plant is believed to be around 1,500 years old and is protected in this area. You may also discover some unique animal species such as the Oryx, Springbok or Hartmann’s Mountain Zebra. Your final destination today is Swakopmund, a quaint German town, where you can enjoy a range of optional activities (chargeable) or simply relax and take in your beautiful surroundings.
Please note: Lunch will be served on day four.Meals included:Breakfast
Day 6 - Swakopmund – Cape Cross Seal Colony, Twyfelfontein and Petrified Forest
Today you will travel along the barren Atlantic coast to the world’s largest Cape Fur Seal breeding site, Cape Cross, where you can feast your eyes on these stunningly unique animals. Continue your wilderness safari in Namibia as you head inland to Twyfelfontein, Namibia’s first World Heritage Site. Here, you’ll be able to view the fascinating, ancient Bushmen paintings and engravings. Another highlight of your itinerary today is a visit the Petrified Forest where you’ll find trees which are almost 250 million years old!Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Days 7 to 8 - Etosha National Park
Etosha National Park is the next stop on your wilderness safari in Namibia. This diverse park is home to approximately 114 mammal species, 340 bird species, 110 reptile species, 16 amphibian species and just one species of fish! In this park, the country’s northern highlight, you’ll find the Big Five as well as cheetahs, giraffes, zebras and many different species of antelope. Enjoy game drives as you head out in search of these stunning animals. In the evening, sit back and relax as you view the various nocturnal animals drinking at your lodge’s flood-lit waterhole.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 9 - Etosha National Park – Waterberg Plateau National Park
Leave Etosha behind as you continue your wilderness safari in Namibia. The next stop is the fascinating Cheetah Conservation Foundation at Otjiwarongo. During your visit to this internationally recognised research centre you’ll learn about these majestic animals and the efforts being made to protect them. Bid farewell to your new spotty, four-legged friends as you head towards the Waterberg Plateau National Park, Namibia’s only mountain game park. Here, you’ll have the chance to see rare animal species such as the Black Rhinoceros and the elusive Damara Dik-Dik as well as a large variety of birdlife.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 10 - Return to Windhoek
Today, your wilderness safari in Namibia leads you back to where your journey began, Windhoek. Here, you’ll have ample time to enjoy this fabulous city at your own pace. Perhaps taste the local cuisine in one of the superb local restaurants.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch
Day 11 - Departure
Sadly, today marks the end of your wilderness safari in Namibia. Head to Windhoek Airport where you’ll board your flight back to the UK. Perhaps scroll through your camera on your flight home and recall your greatest memories of the trip. Which area did you enjoy most? What was your favourite animal? With Africa under your skin, it surely won’t be long until you return to this magical place.Meals included:Breakfast
- Return international flights from London Heathrow (details of regional departures on request)
- Escorted airport transfers
- 10 nights' accommodation in lodges, guest houses and camps throughout the tour
- The following activities and excursions, as per the itinerary:
- Vist to Namib Naukluft National Park
- Visit to the sand dunes at Sossusvlei and Deadvlei
- Visit to the Sesriem Canyon
- Trip to Cape Cross
- Visit to Twyfelfontein
- Stop off at the Petrified Forest
- Two days of game drives in Etosha National Park
- Visit to the Cheeth Conservation Foundation
- Guided tour as detailed
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Services of a professional guide
- Entry fees to National Parks
- 15kg luggage allowance in a backpack/soft barrel bag (no suitcases) - this does not include photography equipment or a small daysack
- Visas – required for entry into Namibia. Visa requirements vary depending on nationality and we recommend contacting the relevant embassies for details
- Travel Insurance (this can, however, be arranged for you. Simply speak to our travel team for a competitive quote for comprehensive cover)
Please call our friendly advisors on 0333 800 2033 for pricing on this holiday.
- due to flight departure times, you may need to fly out a day before the start of your Wilderness Safari in Namibia and/or spend an additional night in Africa at the end of your holiday
- all guides are trained in first aid but certain medication and vaccinations will be required before and during the trip