Norway: Arctic Highlights with Direct Flights
Discover Arctic Highlights on this fabulous cruise itinerary
What Makes Me Mighty Fine
- Six day holiday featuring a four day Arctic Circle cruise, with great opportunities to see the Northern Lights
- Enjoy the stunning scenery of the Norwegian coastline
- Spend time in the Arctic capital: Tromso – a destination brimming with amazing activities and fascinating culture
- Make the most of the ship’s panorama lounge and enjoy exquisite views as you relax in comfort
- Enjoy the convenience of regional departures from the UK
If you are looking for a fascinating Northern Lights experience, this Arctic Highlights voyage is perfect for you. Your Arctic adventure begins and ends in Tromsø, from where you will sail along the striking Arctic coastline and soak up some of the most beautiful landscapes imaginable.
You will travel above the Arctic Circle, in the most northerly part of Norway, to remote regions where the Northern Lights are most clearly visible against the inky, black skies. The Aurora Borealis is a truly impressive, natural phenomenon and you will be astounded by the beauty of its dazzling light display. Equally impressive are the various ports of call you visit on your voyage, offering a fascinating insight into the history and culture of this wonderful part of the world.
There is a wide selection of optional activities to experience in the featured ports of call on your cruise. Try your hand at snowmobiling, drive a husky sled or take a trip to the Snow Hotel. This Arctic Highlights cruise is sure to leave you with the most fabulous holiday memories.
Like to spend an evening in the Kirkenes Snow Hotel after your cruise? Our six day Northern Lights Cruise - Arctic Wonders Voyage would be ideal.
Day 1 - Direct Flight to Tromsø
Begin your Arctic Highlights holiday taking a direct charter flight from Gatwick to Tromsø. Norway’s Arctic capital is home to the world’s most northerly university and brewery and is a simply fabulous place to visit. Due to its climate and high latitude, it is a perfect location for Northern Lights spotting.
Once in Tromso you will board your ship and prepare for your voyage of discovery.Meals included:Dinner
Day 2 - Honningsvag and the North Cape
Today, on your Arctic Highlights cruise, relax and soak up the fabulous views of the stunning coastline and rugged cliffs as you head towards Hammerfest and then on to Honningsvåg where you will arrive mid-morning. This small town is the gateway to the North Cape - the northernmost point of mainland Europe and just 2000km from the geographical North Pole. This evening pass the Finnkirka rock formation which is sacred to the local Sami people.Meals included:Breakfast, Dinner
Day 3 - Kirkenes
Your Arctic Highlights Cruise reaches the last port of call on your voyage north today. Here you can enjoy one of the fabulous optional activities and excursions on offer such as snowmobiling or a visit the Snow Hotel. Later, rejoin the ship to sail south towards Tromsø.Meals included:Breakfast, Dinner
Day 4 - Tromso
Today, your Arctic Highlights cruise will sail back along the coastline to Hammerfest - the world’s most northerly town and on to Tromsø, arriving late evening. You will be transferred to a central hotel for an overnight stay.Meals included:Breakfast, Dinner
Day 5 - Activities in Tromso
Your Arctic Highlights cruise offers plenty of time to explore Tromsø - ‘The Paris of the North’. Set amidst the striking Lyngen Alps, the city is full of charm and beauty. Book some of the optional excursions and make the most of your time here. Enjoy an Aurora Safari or take a cable car ride to discover wonderful views, visit the Polaria Centre to learn about Tromsø's history or ride in a reindeer drawn sleigh to top off your stay in Tromso - one of our most popular Arctic Highlights.
If you book your cruise in December or January, you have the option to embark on an incredible whale watching adventure during your time here. This unforgettable safari takes you out in search of these giants of the deep, including iconic species such as the Orca and Humpback. A truly sensational experience and one not-to-be-missed!Meals included:Breakfast
Day 6 - Depart Tromso
Sadly, your Arctic Highlights tour ends today. Return to the airport for your direct charter flight to the UK. What was the highlight of your break? Did you see the Northern Lights? Which activities did you enjoy most? This fabulous getaway is sure to leave you with great holiday photographs and even better memories!Meals included:Breakfast
- International Flight from London, other airports available dependent on departure dates.
- Half board on the cruise ship in either unspecified inside or outside cabin.
- Bed and breakfast in Tromso.
- Departures for 6 day itinerary have pre and post night stays in Tromso
- Optional excursions.
- Travel Insurance (this can, however, be arranged for you. Simply speak to our travel team for a competitive quote for comprehensive cover)
- Prices are per person, based on two adults sharing
- Standard departures include two nights post voyage in Tromsø unless otherwise stated below
- All departures are from London Gatwick 21/02. 06/03
- Manchester Departures 13/03
- Dublin Departures 23/02
- Norwich Departures 04/03
- Embarkation port is Tromsø
- Dismbarkation port is Tromsø
|17/02/2018||20/03/2018||Outside Cabin Restricted View||£81|
|17/02/2018||20/03/2018||Superior Outside Cabin||£369|