Norway: Norwegian Cruise - The Classic Voyage North
Our Bergen to Kirkenes Cruise is the classic voyage north offering great views of the changing landscape
What Makes Me Mighty Fine
- Fascinating, seven day, summer season voyage travelling north from the cultural city of Bergen to Kirkenes, close to the Russian border
- See the landscape change as your ship takes you from the charming towns and villages of the south to the remote wilderness of the far north
- Enjoy 24 hours of daylight, courtesy of the Midnight Sun, as you sail above the Arctic Circle, immersing yourself in the stunning landscape around the clock
- Explore Norwegian culture and history when you visit Alesund, Trondheim, Tromso and the stunning North Cape – the northernmost point of mainland Europe
- Make the most of the ship’s panorama lounge and enjoy exquisite views as you relax in comfort
- Personalise your cruise by booking some of the fantastic, optional shore excursions
A classic, Norway fjords voyage in summer. This Bergen to Kirkenes Cruise is ideal for travellers who may not have time for the full round voyage but want to see the gradual transition of the landscape from the populated, lush southern regions of the coastline to the more sparse areas, north of the Arctic Circle.
The magnificent Norwegian coastline is home to some of the most captivating scenery in the world, as well as a range of charming towns and villages. Enjoy 24 hours of daylight north of the Arctic Circle, giving you extra time to take in the beauty of this stunning region on your Bergen to Kirkenes Cruise.
During this itinerary you'll visit the historic towns of Alesund and Trondheim and the stunning Arctic capital of Tromso. You'll also have the opportunity to visit the northernmost point of mainland Europe as well as time to explore lesser known towns and villages. And when it comes to activities, there's a fabulous range of optional excursions to enjoy at each port of call, meaning you can personalise your sailing to meet your exact requirements.
Fancy a longer voyage? The 12 day Fjord Cruise - Classic Round Voyage offers the chance to visit 34 ports of call.
Still in need of guidance? Check out our Norwegian holiday ideas or, for more amazing voyage options, take a look at our Hurigurten holiday ideas. If you need any further assistance, just call our helpful travel team on 0333 800 2033 to find your perfect tour.
Day 1 - Sailing from Bergen
The cultural city of Bergen, the gateway to the fjords, is where our amazing Bergen to Kirkenes Cruise begins with an evening sailing. Settle into the gentle rhythm of life on board as the ship glides along the unspoilt coast. Sample the delicious cuisine for which Norway is renowned in the comfortable but informal dining room or make new friends in the bar. Share experiences with fellow passengers from the world over as well as meeting locals travelling between ports. And when you just want to kick back and relax, head for the panorama lounge and take in the magnificent views on this Bergen to Kirkenes Cruise.Meals included:Dinner
Day 2 - Alesund and Geirangerfjord
A perfect start to the second day of our Bergen to Kirkenes Cruise means an early arrival at the enchanting Art Nouveau town of Ålesund, situated at the entrance to Geirangerfjord. Here we have the opportunity to join excursions, weaving round hairpin bends to overlook one of the world’s longest fjords.
On departures between 15 April and 14 September the ship will also sail into the magnificent UNESCO listed Geirangerfjord, where tumbling waterfalls, rugged cliffs and majestic mountains are mirrored in the deep, still water.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 3 - The Land of the Midnight Sun
Continuing north on this Bergen to Kirkenes Cruise, the medieval city of Trondheim is today’s highlight. Standing proud against the natural backdrop, its colourful history is reflected in handsome civic architecture. Excursions include the medieval Nidaros Cathedral or the enthralling Ringve Music Museum. Later, while we sleep, the ship plies its trade along the coast and enters the land of the Midnight Sun.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4 - Crossing the Arctic Circle
In the early hours of this morning we experience the thrill of crossing the Arctic Circle as our Bergen to Kirkenes Cruise continues to the modern town of Bodø where you can join a Sea Eagle Safari and witness the world’s strongest maelstrom at Saltstraumen.
The day draws to a close in the glorious Lofoten Islands with a stop in the capital, Svolvær. The intriguing Magic Ice gallery of ‘art below zero’ is on the quayside and the stylish town centre is just a few minutes away.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 5 - A relaxing morning
A relaxing morning at sea on our Bergen to Kirkenes Cruise precedes our arrival in Tromsø - the capital of the Arctic - where the Midnight Sun is visible from the end of May until the last week in July.
Must sees here include the Arctic Cathedral, the Polar Museum and the Polaria Centre. The simple interior of the cathedral frames a magnificent, triangular, stained-glass window which fills an entire wall and proves a most impressive sight. And if you want to know about the history of Tromso and its surrounding areas, the Polar Museum and Polaria centre are an absolure must. Add to this some fabulous modern shops and cafes and you're guaranteed a day to remember in Tromso!Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 6 - 71º North
Today your Bergen to Kirkenes Cruise offers an early call at Hammerfest. We arrive in Honningsvåg, the largest fishing village in Finnmark and doorway to the wonders of the spectacular North Cape, mainland Europe’s northernmost point at 71º north.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 7 - Reach Kirkenes
The vistas become more dramatic as your Bergen to Kirkenes Cruise reaches the finale of its voyage here in the far reaches of Europe. Soon we dock in Kirkenes, from where you can visit the Russian border or the Finnish, Sami communities. Here you bid farewell to your Bergen to Kirkenes Cruise and catch your flight back to the UK.Meals included:Breakfast
- Return international flights from London (details of regional departures on request)
- Escorted airport transfers
- Six nights' voyage with accommodation in an I grade cabin (ugrade details on request)
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Optional excursions (these can be arranged for you at a supplement)
- Travel Insurance (this can, however, be arranged for you. Simply speak to our travel team for a competitive quote for comprehensive cover)
|Dates||Voyage only - Prices From||Voyage, flights and transfers - Prices From|
- Prices are per person, based on two adults sharing
- Flight prices quoted are based on London airports
- Regional departures may be available and a supplement may apply
- Embarkation port is Bergen
- Disembarkation port is Kirkenes
- Departures from 01/04/2017 to 30/09/2017
|01/04/2018||30/09/2018||Polar Inside Select||£171|
|01/04/2018||30/09/2018||Polar Outside Basic||£135|
|01/04/2018||30/09/2018||Polar Outside Select||£338|
|01/04/2018||30/09/2018||Arctic Superior Basic||£437|
|01/04/2018||30/09/2018||Arctic Superior Select||£521|
*Special offer is valid for sailings between 1st April 2018 and 31st March 2019 and is subject to availability. Book before 30th June 2017