- Historic hotel in stunning setting
- Offering outstanding service for over a century
- Warm, comfortable interiors
- Artistic touches include specially commissioned artworks, the Saabyes Library Restaurant and the foyer which celebrates Knut Hamsun
- Complimentary internet access
Sortland Hotel in Norway
Experience Exquisite Views and Untouched Nature
Perfectly positioned amidst mountain landscapes and fjords, the Sortland Hotel in Norway has provided outstanding service for over a century. Commissioned pieces by the artist, Tove Hov Jacobsen decorate the charming interiors, and rich, warm colours add to the homely feel of this cosy hotel. The Sortland Hotel in Norway is particularly proud of its foyer, which was created to celebrate the life and works of the writer Knut Hamsen, who stayed here in 1911 to 1912 to complete his book, “The Last Glæder”.
The Sortland Hotel in Norway rests on the idyllic Sortland coast, in the north of Norway, and in the summer guests can take part in whale watching tours on the beautiful Norwegian waters, which are teeming with incredible wildlife. Winter invites the stunning colours of the Aurora Borealis to appear in the evening skies and guests at the Sortland Hotel in Norway are in the perfect position to go on a Northern Lights tour. If you are interested in history and culture, take a journey to a nearby reindeer farm and learn about their involvement in the everyday lives of the Sámi people.
The Sortland Hotel in Norway has a casual atmosphere, which makes guests feel instantly comfortable. One of its intriguing features is the Saabyes Library, where you can eat lunch and sample the delights of its à la carte menu. Surrounded by the books of Lars Saabye Christensen, you can enjoy local cuisine and relax with fellow guests. The Retro Bar fuses rustic and contemporary design, creating a relaxing space to enjoy drinks before and after dinner.
- Air conditioning in public places
- Car parking
- Cash machine within easy walking distance
- Coffee shop/café
- Credit cards accepted
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Multilingual staff (English spoken)
- Non-smoking throughout
- Public lounge
- Wi-Fi internet access in public areas
Each recently renovated room is tastefully decorated, with an elegant seating area and writing desk featured in all accommodation. Enjoy complimentary internet access and satellite channels on the flat-screen television.
- Accessible rooms
- Colour television (with satellite)
- Hairdryer (on request)
- Non-smoking rooms
- Telephone (with voicemail)