Norway: New Year and the Northern Lights at the Kirkenes Snow Hotel
Opt for a Northern Lights New Year break for a celebration to remember
What Makes Me Mighty Fine
- A magical, five night, New Year, Northern Lights break including a night in the Kirkenes Snow Hotel
- Enjoy special New Year celebrations at the stunning Snow Hotel
- Discover the joys of the Arctic with thrilling dog sled and snowmobile safaris and a King Crab fishing expedition
- Make the most of this great Northern Lights location with a fabulous Aurora hunting trip
Make your New Year one to remember with our Northern Lights New Year holiday and (weather permitting) see the stunning Aurora illuminate the night sky bigger and better than any man-made firework display! And just when you thought it couldn't get any better, this fabulous break even features a night in the exquisite Kirkenes Snow Hotel, sleeping in a stunning ice room, surrounded by the most amazing ice sculptures and enveloped in a toasty, thermal sleeping bag!
Kirkenes is a small town in north east Norway, set in a remote, Arctic location - ideal for Northern Lights hunting - and coated in virgin snow. There are lots of winter activities on offer and your Northern Lights New Year holiday encourages you to make the most of your time here. You will try your hand at snowmobiling, dog sledding and King Crab fishing as well as setting out on a fabulous Northern Lights minibus excursion. Take a look at the full itinerary below for all the information you need.
Prefer to cruise over New Year? The 12 day New Year Special Itinerary, with the chance to see the Northern Lights, is the perfect trip for you.
Still in need of guidance? Take a look at our Norwegian holiday ideas to find your perfect tour, or take a look at our ice and snow hotels holiday ideas for some truly unique accommodation. If you have any further questions, just call our helpful travel team on 0333 800 2033.
Day 1 - Fly to Kirkenes
Fly to Kirkenes, via Oslo, and transfer your hotel for the start of your Northern Lights New Year holiday. Depending on your arrival time, you may have the opportunity to explore your surroundings - and when night falls, keep an eye on the sky for the mystical Aurora!
Day 2 - Snowmobile Safari
No Northern Lights New Year holiday would be complete without a snowmobile safari and today is the day when you get to take the controls. This four hour adventure comes complete with all the safety and driving information you need and, if you don't have a driving licence, you can take in the fantastic views travelling as a passenger on one of these fabulous machines.
Don't forget to scour the skies for the Aurora tonight before you retire for the evening.Meals included:Breakfast
Day 3 - King Crab Safari and Northern Lights Minibus Tour
Today, you'll cut a hole in the frozen water and learn to fish for King Crab. Roast your catch over an open fire and sample the delights of this tasty Norwegian dish. Tonight, on your Northern Lights New Year holiday, take our excellent Northern Lights minibus tour which will whisk you off to the best possible sighting locations to admire nature's amazing light display.Meals included:Breakfast
Day 4 - New Year's Eve at the Snow Hotel
With free time aplenty today to explore your surroundings or relax in your hotel, you'll be able to prepare for tonight's New Year's Eve celebrations. In the evening comes the highlight of your Northern Lights New Year holiday when you head to the amazing Snow Hotel. Here you will visit the Snow Bar for an aperitif before enjoying a mouth-watering gala dinner in front of a cosy fire. Later, pop outside to see if the lights have come out to play, before you retire to your snow room where you will stay overnight amidst the ornate ice carvings.Meals included:Breakfast, Dinner
Day 5 - New Year's Day Husky Safari
The highlight of New year's Day, on your Northern Lights New Year holiday, is a trip to meet Norway's indigenous huskies. These gorgeous creatures will be desperate to take you on an adventure through the snow-coated scenery. You will be taught the necessary skills to drive your pack of dogs, before setting off on a delightful, two hour excursion. Take in the astonishing views that make this countryside so magical.Meals included:Breakfast, Dinner
Day 6 - Departure
Your Northern Lights New Year holiday comes to an end today as you transfer to the airport for your return flight. What has been the highlight of your holiday? Were you lukcy enough to see - and photograph - the magical Northern Lights? One thing is for sure, once visited, Norway is never forgotten. We look forward to welcoming you back!Meals included:Breakfast
- Return international flights from London Heathrow (details of regional departures on request)
- Escorted airport transfers
- Four nights' accommodation in a centrally located hotel in Kirkenes
- One night's accommodation in a snow room at the Kirkenes Snow Hotel
- The following activities, as per the itinerary:
- Husky safari
- Snowmobile excursion
- King Crab safari
- Northern Lights minibus tour
- New Year program
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Travel Insurance (this can, however, be arranged for you. Simply speak to our travel team for a competitive quote for comprehensive cover)
- Prices are per person, based on two adults sharing
- Prices include flights departing from London Heathrow
- Other departure airports may be available and a supplement may apply
- Child prices are based on children, aged 7-11, sharing with 2 Adults