Norway: Northern Lights Cruise - Arctic Wonders Voyage
Our Norway Arctic Cruise offers a fascinating insight into this part of the world
What Makes Me Mighty Fine
- Thrilling eight day break featuring a seven day, northbound cruise from Bergen to Kirkenes and a night in the Kirkenes Snow Hotel
- Make the most of Northern Lights spotting opportunities, using the on board Aurora alert system, as you cross the Arctic Circle and near the Russian border
- Visit Honningsvag – the port of call for the northernmost point of mainland Europe
- Personalise your break with a range of optional excursions including the chance to see the world’s first ‘Ice Gallery’ in Svolvaar and the opportunity to take a Husky sledding safari
- Make the most of the ship’s panorama lounge and enjoy exquisite views as you relax in comfort
Your Norway Arctic Cruise sets sail from Bergen - a city of breathtaking views. Your adventure will take you along the Norwegian coastline, famed for its rugged beauty and picturesque towns. Enjoy this once-in-a-lifetime chance to discover the very best of Norway as you embark on a journey through Fjord and Arctic Norway, exploring some of the north's greatest cities and the world's most beautiful wilderness locations.
At the end of your seven day Norway Arctic Cruise you'll get the amazing opportunity to spend a night in the fabulous Kirkenes Snow Hotel. This amazing construction is rebuilt each year from scratch and boasts stunning ice sculptures, mesmeriising mood lighting and a rather popular ice bar. This is one night you'll remember for a very long time to come!
During this break you can experience a myriad of unforgettable activities, ranging from an exhilarating snowmobile expedition to the Russian border to a thrilling Aurora adventure into the Pasvik Valley in search of the mesmerising Northern Lights. Whatever you decide to indulge in during your Norway Arctic Cruise, you're assured of a unique taste of traditional culture and a world of excitement when you journey through Norway on this fabulous itinerary.
Want to experience the Arctic without the snow hotel? Our Nordlys Northern Lights Cruise offers a five day round trip between Tromsø and Kirkenes.
Still in need of guidance? Check out our Norwegian holiday ideas or, for more amazing voyage options, take a look at our Hurigurten holiday ideas. If you enjoyed staying in the snow hotel, have a glance at our Ice and Snow Hotel holiday ideas where you'll find lots of other similar lodgings. If you need any further assistance, just call our helpful travel team on 0333 800 2033 to find your perfect tour.
Day 1 - Fly to Bergen
Our Norway Arctic Cruise begins in Bergen where you will transfer to the ship. Once on board, why not speak to staff at the purser's desk to arrange an Aurora wake up call?Meals included:Dinner
Day 2 - Alesund
Enjoy the voyage north, sailing into Alesund which has been completely rebuilt in Art Nouveau style having been destroyed by a fire in 1904. This charming centre has so many attractions to visit and so much amazing architecture to admire - so don't forget your camera!Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 3 - Arrive in Trondheim
Your Norway Arctic Cruise arrives in Trondheim early this morning, giving you time to explore the town's delightful wooden buildings and impressive 14th century Nidaros Cathedral. This Viking capital is a real treat so be sure to see as much of it as you can!Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4 - Cross the Arctic Circle
Today our Norway Arctic Cruise crosses the Arctic Circle and sails on to the legendary Lofoten Islands. From here you can visit the world's first Ice Gallery 'Magic Ice' which features ice sculptures and atmospheric music illustrating tales about the islands and their people.
From here on in, the chances of seeing the Aurora, increase significantly on your Norway Arctic Cruise so remember to scour the skies each night as your sail northwards.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 5 - Tromso
After a relaxing morning on board, your Norway Arctic Cruise arrives in Tromso - a wonderful place to view the magical Northern Lights. A host of optional excursions - including dog sledging - are available here, though some do depend on the weather conditions.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 6 - North CapeMeals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 7 - Night in the Snow Hotel
Both the scenery and the sealife become more dramatic as your Norway Arctic Cruise approaches Kirkenes, which lies just 10km from the Russian border. Transfer to the Snow Hotel for your special Arctic experience. Built each year, entirely from snow and ice, the hotel offers guests a range of optional excursions to take part in, including an incredible King Crab Safari. This unique experience begins with a snowmobile-drawn sleigh ride to a frozen fjord. One of the magnificent crabs will be caught through a hole drilled in the ice and then prepared and cooked for you. King Crabs can weigh as much as 15kg, guaranteeing a feast not easily forgotten on your Norway Arctic Cruise!Meals included:Breakfast, Dinner
Day 8 - Fly home to the UK
Your Norway Arctic Cruise concludes today. Enjoy a sauna before breakfast, after which you will be transferred to the airport for your flight home. With a little luck, as well as amazing memories, you'll be going home with some great photographs of the Northern Lights. We look forward to hearing all about your adventures.Meals included:Breakfast
- Return international flights from London (details of regional departures on request. Please note: this is only available with the voyage, flights and transfers package)
- Escorted airport transfers (please note: this is only available with the voyage, flights and transfers package)
- Six nights' voyage with accommodation in an inside cabin (upgrade details on request)
- One night's accommodation in a snow room at the Kirkenes Snow Hotel
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Optional excursions (these can be arranged for you at a supplement)
- Travel Insurance (this can, however, be arranged for you. Simply speak to our travel team for a competitive quote for comprehensive cover)
|Dates||Voyage only - Prices From||Voyage, flights and transfers - Prices From|
- Prices are per person, based on two adults sharing
- January Departures 04,09,10,12,15,19,22,26,29.
- February Departures 01,05,09,12,17,27.
- March Departures 06,10,17,26,28.
- Disembarkation port is Kirkenes, Embarkation port is Bergen
- Regional departures may be available and a supplement may apply
- Flight prices quoted are based on London airports