Norway: Northern Lights Cruises - Voyage North
Set sail on our Norwegian Northern Lights Cruise and take in the stunning scenery as you travel north
What Makes Me Mighty Fine
- Fabulous seven day, Northern Lights cruise sailing from Bergen to Kirkenes and crossing the Arctic Circle
- Enjoy great Aurora spotting opportunities as you near Kirkenes, close to the Russian border, and make full use of the on board Aurora alert system
- Explore Norway’s culture and history when you visit Alesund, Trondheim, Tromso and the famous Lofoten Islands
- Visit the northernmost point of mainland Europe when you call in on Honningsvag
- Make the most of the ship’s panorama lounge and enjoy exquisite views as you relax in comfort
- Personalise your cruise by booking some of the fantastic, optional shore excursions including Husky sledding
Our Norwegian Northern Lights Cruise will take you on an incredible voyage across the Arctic Circle in search of the Aurora Borealis. The mesmerising Northern Lights are considered one of the most breathtaking natural wonders in the world and a sighting on your cruise is sure to turn a fabulous holiday into an unforgettable experience!
Our epic Norwegian Northern Lights Cruise meanders along Norway’s spectacular coastline visiting a vast array of ports en route from Bergen to Kirkenes. During the daytimes you can explore the remarkable architecture and famous natural landmarks of remote settlements. There will also be the opportunity to visit the North Cape - mainland Europe’s most northerly point. Spend the evenings on your Norwegian Northern Lights Cruise relaxing and searching Norway’s inky, black skies for the Aurora Borealis from the comfort of the ship’s panorama lounge or out on deck.
In essence, if you're looking for spectacular landscapes, phenomenal natural wonders and unforgettable experiences, our Norwegian Northern Lights Cruise is an absolute must!
Want to combine your cruise with a night in an ice and snow hotel? Look no further than our Arctic Wonders Voyage!
Still in need of guidance? Check out our Norwegian holiday ideas or, for more amazing voyage options, take a look at our Hurigurten holiday ideas. If you need any further assistance, just call our helpful travel team on 0333 800 2033 to find your perfect tour.
Day 1 - Arrive in Bergen
Arrive in the cultural city of Bergen and transfer to your Norwegian Northern Lights Cruise for an evening departure. As the ship begins its voyage along the scenic Norwegian coastline, enjoy a delectable dinner in the restaurant. And when the sky darkens, gather out on deck, scouring the heavens for the mesmerising Northern Lights. You can even request an Aurora alert, should the Northern Lights appear whilst you are asleep!Meals included:Dinner
Day 2 - The Northbound Journey
The day begins at the charming town of Ålesund, which features incredible Art Nouveau architecture. There will be plenty of time for you to explore the pretty town at leisure, discovering its major landmarks and hidden treasures. In the evening, relax in the ship’s bar or panorama lounge.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 3 - Visit Trondheim
Today your Norwegian Northern Lights Cruise continues on its incredible journey north, to the historical city of Trondheim. The city’s striking architecture mirrors its colourful medieval history. Optional excursions available include a tour of the medieval Nidaros Cathedral or a visit to the fascinating Ringve Music Museum. The ship sails on, through the night, as you sleep.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4 - Across the Arctic Circle
In the early hours of the morning, your ship crosses the Arctic Circle. Your Norwegian Northern Lights Cruise then continues to Bodø, where you can see the world’s strongest maelstrom (whirlpool) at Saltstraumen. Literature lovers may recognise this site as the setting for the disappearance of the Nautilus in Jules Verne's 20000 Leagues Under the Sea. Discover this powerful, natural feature for yourself on this amazing voyage.
Next on the agenda is a cruise through the world famous Lofoten islands, stopping at the islands’ capital, Svolvær. At the quayside you will find Magic Ice - a fabulous ice gallery.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 5 - Arrive in Tromsø
Relax on board as your Norwegian Northern Lights Cruise sails towards Tromsø, the capital of the Arctic. There is time to explore the city’s many attractions and enjoy optional excursions such as a thrilling dog sledding expedition over snow-topped terrains. The mesmerising Arctic Cathedral here boasts a fabulous modernist design and features a stained-glass window which fills an entire wall. The town also boasts a Polar Museum and a Polaria centre which detail Arctic life over the centuries. And if you are in need of a little retail therapy or refreshment, you'll find a variety of modern shops and cafés within easy reach of the ship!Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 6 - Honningsvåg
After a short stop at Hammerfest, the cruise arrives in Honningsvåg - the northernmost city of Norway. Here you can join an excursion to the magnificent North Cape which, at 71º north, is mainland Europe’s northernmost point. Spend the final night of your Norwegian Northern Lights Cruise out on deck or in the panorama lounge where, hopefully, the Northern Lights will put on a final display for you.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 7 - Reach Kirkenes
Witness dramatic vistas as your Norwegian Northern Lights Cruise completes the final stretch of your unforgettable journey. The ship sails on until it reaches Kirkenes, at which point your cruise ends. There will be time to enjoy some excursions such as visiting the Russian border or learning about Sami Culture. Later, you will transfer to the airport to board your flight home.Meals included:Breakfast
- Return flights from London (details of regional departures on request. Please note: this is only available on the voyage, flights and transfers package)
- Return escorted airport transfers (please note: this is only available one the voyage, flights and transfers package)
- Six nights' voyage with accommodation in an I grade cabin (upgrade details on request)
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Optional excursions (these can be arranged for you at a supplement)
- Travel Insurance (this can, however, be arranged for you. Simply speak to our travel team for a competitive quote for comprehensive cover)
|Dates||Voyage only - Prices From||Voyage, flights and transfers - Prices From|
- Prices are per person, based on two adults sharing
- Flight prices quoted are based on London airports
- Regional departures may be available and a supplement may apply
- Embarkation port is Bergen
- Disembarkation port is Kirkenes
- Single traveller rates available on request
|01/10/2017||31/12/2017||Upgrade to a Polar Outside cabin from||£71|
|01/10/2017||31/12/2017||Upgrade to an Arctic Superior Cabin from||£296|
|01/01/2018||31/03/2018||Upgrade to a Polar Outside cabin from||£72|
|01/01/2018||31/03/2018||Upgrade to an Arctic Superior Cabin from||£288|