Norway: Orca Whale Watching holidays
Our Orca Whale Watching Holiday is sure to thrill
What Makes Me Mighty Fine
- Five day, winter, Orca whale watching adventure to Andenes guided by renowned photographer and wildlife expert Marten Bril
- Stay on Andoya Island which is close to the continental shelf, known for its many species of whales
- Experience two RIB (Rigid Inflatable Boat) safaris, sailing low in the water to get you up close to the creatures of the deep
- Stay in the delightful, wharfside, Bryggen Guest House
- Pick up tips from your professional guide to improve your wildlife photography skills
- Make the most of this great, Northern Lights location
- Take an optional excursion to swim with Orcas
Go in search of the creatures of the deep on this gripping Arctic adventure. Our Orca Whale Watching Holiday whisks you away to the rugged landscapes of this remote region of Norway, inviting you to see these aquatic giants in their natural habitat and take sensational photographs of the awe-inspiring countryside.
Norway has many fabulous natural features, ranging from its wondrous Northern Lights displays to its diverse landscapes of mountains and fjords which are blanketed in thick snow each winter. What really makes this charming country stand out from the crowd, however, is its fascinating wildlife.
Over two days, on this Orca Whale Watching Holiday, you will venture out into the icy waters off Andenes where the Orcas come to hunt for herring. Orca sightings have become much more frequent in recent years and, although whale sightings can never be guaranteed, sea safaris in Andenes have a very high success rate.
Led by an experienced and passionate guide, these sea safaris are simply unmissable for any real nature lover. Your guide is also a professional photographer and will be more than happy to give you a few pointers on how to capture your own wildlife photos.
If you want to get even closer to the creatures of the deep, you can add an excursion to swim with Orcas to your itinerary. Head out by RIB and spend at least an hour in the water, with these amazing animals. If you’re a confident swimmer, speak to our friendly staff about adding this excursion to your Orca Whale Watching Holiday.
Prefer a wider variety of activities on a north Norway city break? Take a look at our Northern Lights Tromso City Break.
Still in need of guidance? Check out our Norwegian holiday ideas for great getaways in this fantastic location. For a more activity-focussed adventure, take a look at our winter activity holiday ideas, whale watching holiday ideas or wildlife watching holiday ideas. Alternatively, speak to our helpful travel team on 0333 800 2033 or using our online chat system (during office hours).
Day 1 - Arrive in Norway
Arrive at the airport in Andenes and check into the friendly Bryggen guesthouse. This charming holiday base is found right on the coast, making it the perfect accommodation for your break. Once you are unpacked, unwind in the guesthouse or explore the town, ready for the start of your Orca Whale Watching Holiday.
Days 2 to 4 - Orca and Humpback Whale Watching in Andenes
For the next three days you can totally immerse yourself in the nature of Norway on our Orca Whale Watching Holidays. On two of the days we board RIBs, reasonably early in the morning, to make the most of the short daylight hours, and sail towards the Norwegian fjords, just half an hour from the harbour. As well as wonderful Orcas, look out for Humpback and Minke whales as well as lots of other sea creatures. And don't forget to have your camera to hand for that unmissable photo opportunity.
On the remaining day, there's time to explore the area independently. During the daytime, take a hiking trip and learn about the local culture and, in the evening, why not set out in search of the Northern Lights?
If you want to get even closer to the creatures of the deep, join our Swimming with Orcas excursion. This can be swapped for one of the existing RIB safaris, added to your free day (weather permitting) or used to extend your break in Andenes. No matter how you plan this excursion, it's sure to leave you with some really great memories!Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch
Day 5 - Orca Whale Watching Holidays Conclude
Sadly, your Orca Whale Watching Holiday ends today as you make your way back to the airport, brimming with fabulous memories. Which whales did you manage to spot? Did you see the mystical Northern Lights? Whatever your experience, you're sure to have fallen hook, line and sinker, for the wonderful charms of north Norway!Meals included:Breakfast
- Return international flights from London Heathrow (details of regional departures on request)
- Escorted airport transfers
- Four nights' accommodation in local standard rooms at the Bryggen Guesthouse
- The following activities and excursions, as per the itinerary:
- Two whale watching RIB safaris
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Optional excursions (these can be arranged for you at a supplment)
- Travel Insurance (this can, however, be arranged for you. Simply speak to our travel team for a competitive quote for comprehensive cover)
Please call our friendly advisors on 0333 800 2033 for pricing on this holiday.