Norway: Sorrisniva Igloo Hotel Weekend Break
A sensational Ice and Snow Hotel Short Break
What Makes Me Mighty Fine
- A fabulous weekend in the Arctic, featuring a magical night in the Sorrisniva Igloo Hotel
- Make the most of this Northern Lights location with a fascinating evening coach tour
- Design your own break with a choice of optional excursions including snowmobiling and dog sledding
- Explore the Arctic city of Alta, famed for its beautiful Northern Lights Cathedral
Enjoy an exceptional short break in Alta, Norway and explore the city of the Northern Lights. With a night spent in a magical ice room and ample opportunities to search for the Aurora, this is one weekend you certainly won't forget in a hurry!
Immerse yourself in the beauty of the Arctic on your Snow Hotel Short Break and see some of the highlights of northern Norway, including the Alta Museum, home to incredible, UNESCO listed, rock carvings. A trip to the Northern Lights Cathedral is also a must as you take in the sights of this magnificent city.
The highlight of this fabulous break has to be your stay in the Igloo Hotel. You'll spend a surprisingly comfortable night here, taking in the beauty of the ice sculptures and admiring the cleverly designed mood lighting as you drift off to sleep in your toasty thermal sleeping bag. The Aurora spotting opportunities are excellent in this Arctic location and, should weather permit, a short walk to one of the exceptional local viewpoints is a fantastic way to spend your evening at the Igloo Hotel. If you’re lucky, a Northern Lights sighting will add a real touch of magic to your weekend break.
Besides hunting the Aurora on foot, there's a thrilling Northern Lights Bus Safari to look forward to. You will be transported to the region's best locations for Aurora sightings in the hope of catching a glimpse of the lights for the perfect memory - and the perfect photo- of your Snow Hotel Short Break.
Daytimes, on your Snow Hotel Short Break, offer ample opportunities to take part in optional winter activities such as husky mushing and snowmobile safaris. And when you are not at the Igloo Hotel, your accommodation will be the luxurious Rica Hotel Alta where you can enjoy a relaxing sauna after a day of city exploration. The Rica is a favourite destination for Arctic travellers and once you stay there, you'll soon understand why!
Fancy a break with more activities? Try our Alta Igloo Hotel Adventure!
Still in need of guidance? Take a look at our Norwegian holiday ideas to find your perfect tour, or take a look at our ice and snow hotels holiday ideas for some truly unique accommodation. If you have any further questions, just call our helpful travel team on 0333 800 2033.
Day 1 - Begin your Snow Hotel Short Break
Your Snow Hotel Short Break begins as you land in Alta on Friday. You have a free afternoon to explore the city before you head out, at night, on an incredible Northern Lights Bus Safari. The journey will take you to the area where you have the best chance of catching a glimpse of this natural wonder.
Day 2 - Transfer to Sorrisniva Igloo Hotel
After breakfast, you have some free time to indulge in local activities or maybe you'd prefer to continue your exploration of this fascinating city? Later, you will be transferred to the Sorrisniva Igloo Hotel. Why not take part in some of the optional (chargeable) activities on offer including snowmobiling and dog sledding?
Back at the hotel, sit down to a dinner prepared by an award-winning chef using locally sourced ingredients before either turning in or calling in at the hotel's resident icebar. When you do head to your room, wrap up in your thermal sleeping bag and enjoy a night’s sleep like no other on your Snow Hotel Short Break, Sorrisniva.
An evening meal will be served at the end of a thrilling day.Meals included:Breakfast, Dinner
Day 3 - Return to Rica Hotel Alta
Enjoy a sauna before breakfast which will be served in the Restaurant Laksestua. You will then have free time to experience some of the incredible activities available at the Ice Hotel or you may prefer just to relax and enjoy your surroundings before you return to the Rica Hotel Alta for your final night.Meals included:Breakfast
Day 4 - Departure
Take a last look around Alta, today and try any activities you haven't yet experienced. Unfortunately, your mid-afternoon flight marks the end of your Snow Hotel Short Break, Sorrisniva as you head home with plenty of fantastic memories.Meals included:Breakfast
- Return international flights from London (details of regional departures on request) Inc return airport transfers.
- Two nights' accommodation in a standard room at a central hotel in Alta
- One night's accommodation in a snow room at the Sorrisniva Igloo Hotel
- The following activities and excursions, as per the itinerary:
- Northern Lights hunt by bus
- Husky safari
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Optional excursions (these can be arranged for you at a supplement)
- Travel Insurance (this can, however, be arranged for you. Simply speak to our travel team for a competitive quote for comprehensive cover)
- Prices are per person, based on two adults sharing
- Child price is based on children aged under 12, children under 7 can not do the overnight in the Igloo
- Prices are per person
- snowmobile drivers require a full and valid driver's licence
- the order of activities over the weekend may be subject to change.