Norway: Spitsbergen and Norwegian Coastal Voyage
Join our Spitsbergen Norway Cruise for a journey brimming with nature and history
What Makes Me Mighty Fine
- Eight day holiday, featuring three amazing days in the Arctic wilderness of Spitsbergen, (which lies at 71 degrees north) and five exciting days cruising from Tromso to Bergen
- Pass through the world famous Vesteralen and Lofoten islands, known for their amazing beauty
- Cross the Arctic Circle as you travel from the remote north of Norway to the more verdant south
- Discover medieval Trondheim, explore cultural Bergen and see the stunning Seven Sisters
- Keep an eye open for the mystical Aurora during your time north of the Arctic Circle
- Make the most of the ship’s panorama lounge and enjoy exquisite views as you relax in comfort
- Personalise your cruise by booking some of the fantastic, optional shore excursions
Begin your Spitsbergen Norway Cruise in Spitsbergen's administrative capital, Longyearbyen, spending your first three days exploring this magnificent Arctic destination. Stay in the world's northernmost, permanently inhabited, settlement and enjoy a unique insight into life in this remote region, experiencing the very best the island has to offer, from snowmobiling and husky sledding to delving into the area's fascinating whaling history.
After your adventure in Longyearbyen, it’s time to fly to Tromso and embark on your Spitsbergen and Norway Cruise. Famed for its Northern Lights sightings, breathtaking scenery and intriguing cultural locations, this part of the world is simply ripe for exploration. Discover the architectural beauty of Trondheim and the natural beauty of the Lofoten islands on this unforgettable adventure. From wildlife to history and beyond, your Spitsbergen Norway Cruise is teeming with exquisite attractions to view and amazing activities to experience. Prepare for an unforgettable voyage and enjoy memorable moments on land and at sea.
In need of a little guidance? Take a look at our Spitsbergen holidays ideas for more holidays in this great destination. Alternatively, speak to our helpful travel team on 0333 800 2033 or using our online chat system (during office hours).
Days 1 to 3 - Spitsbergen
Your Spitsbergen and Norway Cruise holiday begins with three days on dry land, in Longyearbyen - the world's nothernmost, permanently inhabited community and administrative capital of Spitsbergen. Fly to this remote settlement via Oslo and discover an unspoilt Arctic wonderland whose breathtaking natural attractions range from iconic glacial formations to the mighty Polar Bears roaming the wilderness.
Whatever time of year you choose to travel, Spitsbergen is an incredible place to visit. The activities available depend on the season and the weather. In March you can enjoy ice-caving and snowmobiling, in May you can also embark on husky sled rides and, as winter approaches, you can set out in search of the Northern Lights.Meals included:Breakfast
Day 4 - Tromsø
Today you'll leave Spitsbergen and fly to Tromsø - the 'Paris of the North'. A bustling, modern metropolis, Tromsø boasts restaurants, shops, cafés and entertainment aplenty. Absorb the local culture in a busy bar, or enjoy a quiet drink in one of the more traditional pubs or eateries. For an in-depth look into Tromsø’s history, visit the Polar Museum or discover one of Norway's most incredible architectural features: the Arctic Cathedral. Tonight your board your ship for the start of your Spitsbergen Norway Cruise.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch
Day 5 - Vesterålen and Lofoten Islands
Today you will see both the Vesterålen and Lofoten islands - widely regarded as Norway's most beautiful regions. Absorb the sights and sounds of these remote and breathtaking destinations from the bracing decks of your cruise ship or the comfortable, panorama lounge. Keep your camera to had at all times as you sail through the beautiful waters here, looking out for amazing wildlife and simply stunning landscapes.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 6 - Arctic Circle
Today you will cross the Arctic Circle on your Spitsbergen and Norway Cruise. This is the longest time spent in open water throughout your voyage and offers an incredible chance to observe some of Norway's less-seen natural wonders - most notably the Seven Sisters Mountains. This magnificent formation is a truly breathtaking sight, providing one of the finest views of the journey - an ideal subject for any photography enthusiast!Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 7 - Trondheim
Architectural beauty is around every corner in the magnificent city of Trondheim. When your Spitsbergen Norway Cruise arrives here you will be struck by the sheer beauty of the colourful, wooden buildings dotted along the shore. Explore the Old Town, Nidoras Cathedral and other historic landmarks before returning to your floating hotel.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 8 - Bergen
Sadly, your Spitsbergen Norway Cruise ends in Bergen today. However, depending on your flight times, there may still be time to explore this spectacular town. If so, make sure you visit the centuries-old coloured wharves and the UNESCO-Listed Bryggen district for an unforgettable taste of the city's unique history. Later, you'll return to the airport for your flight home, full of wonderful memories of your special time in Norway.Meals included:Breakfast
- Four day's voyage with accommodation in an inside cabin (upgrade details on request)
- Three nights' accommodation in a standard room at a central hotel in Longyearbyen
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Optional excursions (these can be arranged for you on request)
- Travel Insurance (this can, however, be arranged for you. Simply speak to our travel team for a competitive quote for comprehensive cover)
- Prices are per person, based on two adults sharing
- Flight prices quoted are based on London airports
- Regional departures may be available and a supplement may apply
- Embarkation port is Spitsbergen
- Dismebarkation port is Bergen
You can also begin your Spitsbergen Norway Cruise in Bergen, from where you will sail to Tromso and then fly to Longyearbyen for your three day adventure in Spitsbergen. Please speak to our friendly travel advisers for further details.