Norway: Aurora Borealis Cruise - Tromsø-Kirkenes-Bergen
Our Tromso to Bergen Cruise sails the fjords in search of the Northern Lights
What Makes Me Mighty Fine
- A wonderful, eight day, Northern Lights voyage, sailing north from Tromso to Kirkenes and then south to Bergen
- Look out for the Aurora as you sail up the breathtaking coastline to Kirkenes, close to the Russian border, making full use of the on board Aurora alert system
- Visit mainland Europe’s most northerly point and cross the Arctic Circle
- Admire the changing scenery as the remote landscapes of the far north make way for charming towns and villages
- Discover the beauty of the Lofoten islands and historical Trondheim
- Make the most of the ship’s panorama lounge and enjoy exquisite views as you relax in comfort
- Personalise your cruise by booking some of the fantastic, optional shore excursions
- Extend your stay with additional nights in Bergen
Your spectacular Tromso to Bergen Cruise begins with a leisurely voyage north. Observe the sky for the Aurora Borealis as you pass towards Honningsvåg. This remote region often plays host to the Northern Lights and, away from the light pollution of the coast, you're guaranteed great views!
From Honningsvåg you can visit Europe's most northerly point, North Cape. You'll then head to the quaint town of Kirkenes which offers a fascinating insight into life in the remote far north of Norway. Here you can visit the border with Russia or try your hand at snowmobiling.
Your Tromso to Bergen Cruise then begins its southbound leg to the cultural city of Bergen, gateway to the fjords and home to charming, cobbled streets and Hanseatic warehouses. En route, you'll take in a host of fabulous ports of call including Trondheim - the Viking capital of Norway where you'll discover fine examples of medieval buildings and impressive wooden architecture.
Prefer a longer cruise? Our Full Round Voyage should be perfect for you!
Still in need of guidance? Check out our Norwegian holiday ideas or call our helpful travel team on 0333 800 2033 to find your perfect break in Norway.
Day 1 - Fly To Tromso
Fly to Tromso, maybe you will have time to explore the city before spending the night in you centrally located hotel
Day 2 - Transfer to the ship
Transfer to the ship to begin your Tromso to Bergen Cruise. The cosmopolitan, Arctic capital of Tromso is one the best places in Norway to view the Northern Lights.Meals included:Breakfast, Dinner
Day 3 - North Cape
Begin day two of your Tromso to Bergen Cruise with an early arrival into Hammerfest before continuing on to Honningsvag and the spectacular North Cape, Europe's most northerly point. This evening, keep an eye on the sky for a fabulous Northern Lights show!Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4 - Kirkenes
Today we visit Kirkenes, a charming small town, close to the Russian border. You can explore at leisure here or take one of the optional excursions on offer which include the opportunity to visit an amazing snow hotel. As the day draws to a close, and you begin your journey south, keep a look out for the Aurora Borealis on your Tromso to Bergen Cruise.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 5 - Hammerfest and Tromso
As you sail towards Bergen, there's a stop in Hammerfest - the world's most northerly town - to look forward to. Learn all about this fascinating place and its famous Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society. Sailing on from Hammerfest you will arrive in Tromso just in time to take in an optional midnight concert in the city's world famous cathedral.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 6 - Lofoten Islands
As your Tromso to Bergen Cruise passes through the magnificent Lofoten islands you will sail past some of the most beautiful scenery along the Norwegian Coast. Your day will end with an evening visit to Svolvaer, home to the world's first ever ice gallery.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 7 - Arctic Circle
Today you will cross the Arctic Circle, sailing past the Seven Sisters mountain range and entering a world of legends and folklore. There is also a chance to see the award winning maritime museum at Rovik today on your Tromso to Bergen Cruise.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 8 - Trondheim
Your Tromso to Bergen Cruise makes an early morning stop in the medieval city of Trondheim today, giving you the opportunity to see the stunning 14th century Nidros Cathedral. Your voyage then continues south, making short stops in both Kristiansund and Molde before a midnight call at Alesund.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 9 - Depart Bergen
Arriving in Bergen, your Tromso to Bergen Cruise concludes today and you transfer to the airport for your flight home. With luck you will be returning to the UK with great photographs of the Northern Lights and even better memories!Meals included:Breakfast
- Return international flights from London (details of regional departures on request. Please note: this is only available with the voyage, flights and transfers package)
- Escorted airport transfers (please note: this is only available with the voyage, flights and transfers package)
- Seven nights' voyage with accommodation in an I grade cabin (upgrade details on request)
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Overnight stay at the Radisson Blu in Tromso
- Optional excursions (these can be arranged for you at a supplement)
- Travel Insurance (this can, however, be arranged for you. Simply speak to our travel team for a competitive quote for comprehensive cover)
Please call our friendly advisors on 0333 800 2033 for pricing on this holiday.