Sweden: Oops Hotel in Sweden
For Unique Accommodation in Sweden, look no further than the Oops Hotel
What Makes Me Mighty Fine
- An unforgettable short break in Vasteras, featuring one night in the semi-submerged Oops Hotel, the only accommodation of its kind
- Enjoy the innovative design of this unusual holiday base
- Make the most of your location, using the private dinghy to explore the nearby islands
- Combine a stay here with a stay in Vasteras’ other unusual accommodation: the Utter Inn and the Hackspett Hotel
At first glance, you would be forgiven for thinking that this house had sunk into the lake, however, this is exactly the illusion that the Oops Hotel in Sweden aims to achieve. Although the house appears to be semi-submerged in the Västerås archipelago, it is indeed only its foundations, cleverly disguised to look like the ground floor of the house, that are underwater.
Another fantastical concept from Mikael Genberg, the Oops Hotel in Sweden offers the perfect romantic escape for couples. With idyllic views of the surrounding islands and resident wildlife, the house provides luxury accommodation in an scenically beautiful setting. The wooden deck, which surrounds the hotel on three sides, is ideal for relaxing among the waterside vistas. There is one spacious room, which sleeps two, and it comes with its own sauna, kitchen facilities and toilet. Because the designer was mindful of the environment when he created the Oops Hotel in Sweden, its cosy woodburner and solar power provide eco-friendly fuel for the heating and lighting.
Would you prefer to actually sleep underwater? Try our trip to The Utter Inn in Sweden.
Still in need of guidance? Check out our Swedish Holiday Ideas or call our helpful travel team on 0333 800 2033 to find your perfect break in Sweden.
Day 1 - Arrive in Sweden
Fly to Västerås Airport and pick up your hire car before heading to a city central hotel for your first evening in Sweden.
Day 2 - Transfer to Oops Hotel in Sweden
Before leaving the city, spend some time exploring the area. In the afternoon you will make your way to the Oops Hotel in Sweden, where a guide will transfer you by boat to your unique retreat. Enjoy the rest of the day immersed in striking scenery and relax on the water, or make use of the inflatable dinghy if you prefer to venture to one of the nearby islands. The hotel has ample facilities that allow you to prepare an evening meal, which can be enjoyed on deck in the midst of this romantic location. At night time, unwind as you listen to the sounds of nature and the lapping water.Meals included:Breakfast, Dinner
Day 3 - Depart Sweden
Savour a leisurely morning with breakfast at the Oops Hotel in Sweden and then await the boat that takes you back to shore. Return to the airport and drop off your hire car, in plenty of time for your flight home.Meals included:Breakfast
- Return international flights from London Heathrow (details of regional departures on request)
- Three days' car hire based on a Category B vehicle, e.g a Toyota Yaris (upgrade details on request)
- One night's accommodation in the Oops Hotel
- One night's accommodation in a standard room at a central hotel in Vasteras
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Travel Insurance (this can, however, be arranged for you. Simply speak to our travel team for a competitive quote for comprehensive cover)
- Prices are per person, based on two adults sharing
- Included flights are based on departures from London airports
- Other departure airports may be available and a supplement may apply