Sweden: Utter Inn Hotel in Sweden
Travel to the Utter Inn in Sweden for the chance to sleep with the fishes
What Makes Me Mighty Fine
- Wonderfully unusual, three day break in Vasteras, featuring a night sleeping three metres below the surface of Lake Malaren at the Utter Inn
- Enjoy underwater views from the windows of your sub-aqua bedroom
- Make the most of your private, inflatable boat to explore the lake and its uninhabited islands
- Relax over breakfast which is brought to you by boat
- Combine a stay here with a stay in Vasteras’ other unusual accommodation: the Oops Hotel and the Hackspett Hotel
Possibly one of the most unusual hotels in the world, the Utter Inn in Sweden is a single-roomed accommodation, which can be found three metres below Lake Mälaren, close to the city of Västeräs. Designed by Mikael Genberg, also the creator of the Oops Hotel and the Woodpecker Hotel, this curious, submerged accommodation offers something totally new. Its typically Swedish, red-timber exterior is perched on a small platform above the water, and to access the underwater bedroom guests must climb down a ladder from the deck of the hut.
The bedroom at the Utter Inn in Sweden features windows on all sides, giving you panoramic views of the lake and its colourful fish. Sleeping underwater is an experience like no other and with a magical aquatic world surrounding you, what could be more beautiful? This exotic location makes an ideal romantic break for couples that are looking for something different to share with their loved one.
Fancy some accommodation in the wilderness? Then you should take a trip to the Harads Treehotel.
Still in need of guidance? Check out our Swedish holiday ideas or call our helpful travel team on 0333 800 2033 to find your perfect tour.
Day 1 - Arrive in Västeräs, Sweden
On arrival, you will collect your hire car and drive to a conveniently located hotel where you will spend the first night of your weekend break to the Utter Inn in Sweden.
Day 2 - Transfer to the Utter Inn in Sweden
Enjoy a leisurely morning before driving to this imaginative two-storey hotel on the lake. You will be taken by boat to the Utter Inn in Sweden and left to your own devices on Lake Mälaren. Lose yourself in the aquatic views from the bedroom or if you want to spend some time above deck, you can use the inflatable boat to sail to the nearby uninhabited islands. The platform surrounding the Utter Inn Hotel is perfect for a spot of sunbathing, or perhaps you might prefer to take a dip in the water to cool off.Meals included:Breakfast, Dinner
Day 3 - Breakfast with the Fish!
Wake up to this wonderful backdrop at the Utter Inn in Sweden and enjoy breakfast (which is brought to you by boat) among the fish. At midday, you will be transferred back to shore, where you will drive back to the airport, drop of your hire car and check in for your flight home.Meals included:Breakfast
- Return international flights from London Heathrow (details of regional departures on request)
- Three days' car hire based on Category B vehicle, e.g a Toyota Yaris (upgrade details on request)
- One night's accommodation at the Utter Inn
- One night's accommodation in a standard room at a central hotel in Vasteras
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Travel Insurance (this can, however, be arranged for you. Simply speak to our travel team for a competitive quote for comprehensive cover)
Please call our friendly advisors on 0333 800 2033 for pricing on this holiday.