Sweden: Howling with Wolves
Adventure awaits on our Wolf Tracking Holiday in Sweden
What Makes Me Mighty Fine
- Fascinating, wildlife-focused, short break in the magnificent Bergsdalen Forest, featuring an overnight wolf-tracking expedition
- Experience the ultimate, expert-led tracking adventure with a night in the forest, listening for howls of the Grey Wolves
- Enjoy wildlife watching safaris in search of moose and beaver
- Learn all about the wolf during an intriguing presentation from a professional wolf researcher
Venture into the Swedish wilderness on this incredible Wolf Tracking Holiday. Learn the skills of forest tracking and spend a night in the wild, listening out for the howls of wolves. Enjoy a detailed presentation from a professional wolf researcher and learn all about these fascinating creatures before searching for them yourself.
Of course, wolves aren't the only creatures you can see on this wilderness short break. Enjoy an evening safari on the water in search of the beaver and a daytime adventure, looking for moose. If you want something truly different, why not book an optional bear watching safari? Or even a night in a purpose built hide in the forest? This Wolf Tracking Holiday offers ample opportunity to see a wide range of Sweden's amazing animals like never before!
Wolves are generally quite timid creatures, so we can't guarantee that you'll see them on your break. However, the focus of your Wolf Tracking Holiday is getting out into their natural habitat, listening for their howls and learning to track them and enjoying an unrivalled wildlife experience.
Would you prefer a less demanding wilderness adventure? Then why not try our Harads Treehotel break?
Day 1 - Wolf Tracking Holiday | Sweden
Collect your hire car from the airport at the start of this Wolf Tracking Holiday and make your way to the guesthouse. Your guide will meet you this afternoon and tell you more about the plan for you tour. Set out on a beaver watching excursion late afternoon and get your first taste of the wildlife adventure to come! At sunset we head out onto the water close to these fascinating animals in their natural habitat for an incredible wildlife experience.Meals included:Dinner
Day 2 - Moose Watching
This morning on your Wolf Tracking Holiday, you can explore the surrounding area or see what wildlife you can spot from one of the hides. Later on this afternoon you'll be properly introduced to another of Sweden’s iconic creatures as we head out moose watching in Bergslagen Forest. Your evening meal is included in the tour as your guide takes you by car and on foot into the forest on an exhilarating five to six hour adventure! You will spend the night at the guesthouse or, for something a little different, why not book a purpose-built hide?Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 3 - Howling with Wolves
Today is the day you have been waiting for on your Wolf Tracking Holiday. The morning can be spent as you wish then in the afternoon you travel to Grimsö Wildlife Research Station, where you will attend an intriguing lecture about wolves, presented by a professional wolf researcher. Later on, we head out into wolf territory, following tracks and sounds, and set up camp. Absorb the sounds and smells of the wild as we enjoy dinner around a campfire. Afterwards, we watch out for creatures of the night and listen to the howls of the wolves. On the final night of this Wolf Tracking Holiday, we sleep under canvas.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4 - Wolf Tracking Holiday : Departure
There will be one last excursion through wolf territory on your Wolf Tracking Holiday before we return to the guesthouse. You can book an optional bear watching trip today before you drive back to the airport, where your Howling with Wolves tour concludes.Meals included:Breakfast
- Return international flights from London Heathrow (details of regional departures on request)
- Four days' car hire based on a Category C vehicle, e.g: a VW Golf (upgrade details on request)
- Two nights' accommodation in a guesthouse
- One night's accommodation in a tent on the wolf tracking expedition
- The following activities and excursions, as per the itinerary:
- Beaver watching excursion
- Moose watching excursion
- Wolf tracking tour
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Optional excursions (these can be arranged for you at a supplement)
- Travel Insurance (this can, however, be arranged for you. Simply speak to our travel team for a competitive quote for comprehensive cover)
Please call our friendly advisors on 0333 800 2033 for pricing on this holiday.