Tanzania: Tanzania Safari – Wildlife and Culture
Choose our Tanzania Safari for an epic adventure
What Makes Me Mighty Fine
- Fascinating, 10 day, culture and wildlife tour of Tanzania, featuring the chance to learn all about the local people, their way of life and the amazing creatures which inhabit this fabulous country
- Set out on game drives in the Serengeti, Tarangire National Park and Lake Manyara National Park to see elephants, lions, leopards, wildebeest, cheetahs and so much more
- Spend time with the Hadzabe and Datonga tribes and visit a local school and orphanage
- Visit the world's largest, complete, caldera
Our Tanzania Safari takes you on an exciting round trip, beginning and ending in Arusha and exploring a host of national parks including the Serengeti, Manyara and Tarangire. Balancing wildlife encounters with cultural insight, this fascinating journey introduces you to the indigenous people of this beautiful part of the world, focusing on their lifestyle, traditions and how they have adapted to survive in this somewhat unforgiving landscape.
On your Tanzania Safari you will be escorted by knowledgeable guides who will impart fascinating information about the local flora, fauna and geography of the area as you travel. They know some of the best locations to visit on game drives, bringing you as close as possible to Africa’s most iconic animals.
Throughout your Tanzania Safari you will stay in charming lodges and tented camps as you travel around the country, giving you a taste of the traditional African way of life. The substantial tents have private en suite bathrooms, comfy beds and lighting, making your stay both comfortable and authentic. The lodges often have their own private verandas where you can relax of an evening and watch the sun set against a stunning backdrop.
Would you like to combine East Africa with a trip to Southern Africa's most famous national parks? Then the Luxury Tanzania Safari and Zambezi River Cruise would be ideal for you.
If you need a little more guidance to help you find your perfect adventure, look no further than our African Holiday Ideas, African Safari Holiday Ideas or Tanzanian Holiday Ideas, which will hopefully inspire you to find your perfect trip.
Day 1 - Flight to Africa
Meet your guide at the airport who will take you to your lodge on the outskirts of the city. Ease yourself into your Tanzania Safari by spending the remainder of the day relaxing by the pool and enjoying the peacefulness of the sweet smelling gardens at the lodge.Meals included:Dinner
Day 2 - Tarangire National Park
Stock up on provisions this morning in Arusha before we begin our first journey of the Tanzania Safari. Enjoy the captivating vistas as we make our way to the beautiful Tarangire National Park. In the afternoon we go on an exciting game drive to see elephants, zebras, wildebeest, giraffes and many more local creatures. We spend the night in authentic African lodges nearby.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 3 - Cultural Activities at Manyara
Local culture is the name of the game on our Tanzania Safari today, as we explore the cultural diversity of Mto-wa-Mbu whilst visiting a local market and a banana beer producer. Passing many farms, our guide will tell us all about the produce grown in the area and local farming techniques. A home-cooked meal in a local 'Mama's home' is followed by some free time back at the lodge and then visits to a nearby orphanage and school.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4 - Lake Manyaya National Park - Lake Eyasi
After breakfast on day four of our Tanzania Safari, we head to Lake Manyara National Park for an early morning game drive. The national park is situated at the north-western corner of the lake which is known for its extensive flamingo population and its amazing tree-climbing lions. There's another short game drive after lunch before we head to our lodge at Lake Eyasi.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 5 - Lake Eyasi
We meet the locals today on our Tanzania Safari. The Hadzabe tribe enjoys a lifestyle which can be traced back to stone age times, hunting with bows and arrows and gathering wild produce. We will discover how they survive in this harsh environment and how they have adapted to maintain their traditional, nomadic way of life. Today we will also learn about the Datoga tribe whose expertise in blacksmithing have provided the Hadzabe with arrow heads for many years. You can even purchase a trinket made by these skilled craftspeople.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 6 - Lake Ndutu
Today we travel through the Ngorongoro Conservation Area towards the Serengeti National Park, stopping off at an authentic Masai village for the cultural experience of a lifetime. Discover how these semi-nomadic herders live their daily lives before setting out on an afternoon game drive en route to your camp.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Days 7 to 8 - Serengeti National Park
Our Tanzania Safari invites us to enjoy two days in the Serengeti National Park. The endless plains here provide the perfect backdrop for wildlife viewing and you should look out for wildebeest, lion, leopard and cheetah as you travel to the central part of the vast park.
On day eight we embark on a full day’s game drive through the Serengeti. Famous for its annual wildebeest migration, you might also see elephants, buffalo and even the rare black rhinoceros as we travel through plains, woodland and savanna.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 9 - Lake Manyara
An early camp breakfast on our Tanzania Safari is followed by a trip to the world's largest unbroken caldera - the Ngorongoro Crater - known for its wonderful game viewing. Lunch at the hippo pool picnic site is followed by a game drive up to the crater rim.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 10 - Departure
The last day of your Tanzania Safaribegins as we explore the colourful town of Mto-wa-Mbu for some last minute souvenir shopping. After this, we return to Arusha where we bid farewell to Africa and begin our journey home.Meals included:Breakfast
- Return international flights from London Heathrow (details of regional departures on request)
- Escorted airport transfers
- Nine nights' accommodation in mid-range, local standard lodges, chalets and tented camps
- The following activities and excursions, as per the itinerary:
- Game drive in Manyara National Park
- Game drive in Tarangire National Park
- Game drive in Ngorongoro National Park
- Meeting with the Hadzabe and Datoga tribes and a visit to a Masai village
- Game drives in Serengeti National Park
- Visit to the Ngarongo Crater
- Cultural activities at Manyara
- Guided tour as detailed
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Services of a profesional guide
- Entry to National Parks
- 12kg luggage allowance in a backpack/soft barrel bag (no suitcases) - this does not include photography equipment or a small daysack
- Visas – required for entry into Tanzania. Visa requirements vary depending on nationality and we recommend contacting the relevant embassies for details
- Local payments
- Travel Insurance (this can, however, be arranged for you. Simply speak to our travel team for a competitive quote for comprehensive cover)
Please call our friendly advisors on 0333 800 2033 for pricing on this holiday.
- due to flight departure times, you may need to fly out a day before the start of your Tanzania Safari and/or spend an additional night in Africa at the end of your holiday
- all guides are trained in first aid but certain medication and vaccinations will be required before and during the trip