Zambia: Luxury Zambia Wildlife Safari
An exciting Luxury Zambia Wildlife Safari which allows you travel to travel to fantastic national parks in search of Zambia's amazing wildlife
What Makes Me Mighty Fine
- Deluxe, 10 day trip, travelling around Zambia, observing wildlife in the country’s best national parks and staying in luxurious lodgings
- Enjoy a whole host of activities including day and night game safaris, boat trips, fishing, walking safaris and star gazing
- Lodge in the lap of luxury at the Toka Leya, Busanga Bush and Mchenja camps
- Discover the world-renowned Victoria Falls on a guided tour or helicopter flight
- Savour a bird’s eye view of the stunning landscape as you fly between luxury camps
Travel to the home of the African safari, in the heart of the continent, where wildlife is king. Discover this immense land, its renowned attractions and hidden gems. Stay in remote, yet luxurious, accommodation, offering a wealth of amenities during your Luxury Zambia Wildlife Safari.
Visit Mosi-oa-Tunya, Kafue and South Luangwa National Parks where you’ll encounter beautiful creatures roaming freely. Embark on game drives and walking safaris as you search for the Big Five plus creatures such as Thornicroft's Giraffe, which can only be found in Zambia. Take advantage of exclusive access to the parks when you set out on evening game drives in search of these iconic creatures. Stop off at the world-famous Victoria Falls where you can take helicopter flights or go white water rafting.
During your safari, you’ll stay in deluxe accommodation, in remote locations, allowing you to get up close to the wildlife whilst enjoying the comfort and security of first class holiday bases. Take in fabulous views of floodplains and rivers and the many different animals they attract. You’ll travel to the camps via bush plane, witnessing awe-inspiring views as you fly.
If you’re looking for an unforgettable adventure, this Luxury Zambia Wildlife Safari is an absolute must!
Do you want to witness the awe-inspiring wildlife of Mana Pools in Zimbabwe instead? Take a look at the Best of Botswana Lodges and Camps itinerary.
Still in need of guidance? Take a look at our African Holiday Ideas, our African Safari Holiday Ideas and our Zamibian Holiday Ideas to find your perfect tour, or call our helpful travel team on 0333 800 2033.
Day 1 - Arrival
Fly to Livingstone, where you will transfer to your camp inside the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park. You will be staying at the Toka Leya Camp, some 12km from the world-renowned Victoria Falls. This luxurious lodge overlooks the Zambezi River, meaning that you will experience fantastic views from the very beginning of your Luxury Zambia Safari. The en-suite, safari-style tents; lounge; bar; dining area and pool make this the perfect base for your safari.Meals included:Dinner
Days 2 to 3 - Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park and Victoria Falls
As your lodge is situated in the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park, you are in the ideal location for game viewing. Safaris can be done during the day and night, thanks to the private area in which you are staying. Animals often spotted include elephants, buffalos, giraffes, white rhinos and rare birds such as the half-collared kingfisher and Schalow’s turaco. Rhino tracking is also carried out in this park, a fantastic way to spot these endangered beasts.
With Victoria Falls just a stone’s throw away, it would be foolish not to visit this natural wonder as part of one of the camps scheduled activities. Whilst here, for an additional cost, you can take part in white water rafting, canoeing and a ‘flight of angels’ which allows you a bird’s eye view of the falls from a helicopter. Cecil Rhodes Bridge is also a great place to visit as it stands in ‘no-man’s land’ between Zambia and Zimbabwe.
A sundowner cruise is a great way to round off your day. Sit back and relax with a cocktail in hand as you watch crocodiles and hippos pass by. Alternatively, take a tour of the nearby town of Livingstone.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4 - Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park and Victoria Falls - Kafue National Park
Wave goodbye to the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park as you get back on board the Wilderness plane for your next Luxury Zambia Wildlife Safari adventure. You will soar across Kafue National Park’s Busanga floodplains which attract a lot of game, hopefully spotting some of the animals which call this area home.
When you land, travel to the Busanga Bush Camp, ideally located inside the park. Get to grips with your luxurious accommodation which features a lounge, bar, dining boma, library and a reception deck built around a fascinating sausage tree whose fruit look like, yes, sausages! And when it comes to relaxing, your en suite bedroom features a spacious queen size bed so you are guaranteed a great night’s sleep during your time here.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Days 5 to 6 - Kafue National Park
Known for its stunning game spotting opportunities, this park, the third biggest in Africa, is roughly the same size as Wales! Here, game drives promise something new every time you venture out as there’s just so much land to cover. Interestingly, the ground is completely flat and so, lions have taken to climbing trees and lodge roofs to get a better view of their prey.
As you are based within the camp, you have the exclusive opportunity to head out on night time game drives, meaning you may witness nocturnal animal activity. Over the next two days the camp will run many scheduled activities for you to enjoy. Take part in daytime driving and walking safaris allowing you the opportunity to spot the Big Five and many other creatures. This location is also ideal for bird watching with over 400 species residing here.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 7 - Kafue National Park - South Luangwa National Park
Leave the Kafue National Park as you travel towards South Luangwa. As this area is known for pioneering the walking safari, put your best foot forward as you will have up the opportunity to get up close to stunning African wildlife over the next few days.
You will stay at the Mchenja Camp, overlooking a huge wildlife-filled delta. The most luxurious of all your lodgings, this camp is set amongst an orchard of ebony trees. The stylish octagonal tents are all en-suite, equipped with a Victorian bath from which you can see out onto the river. Other amenities include a Chitenje (lounge), built around the trees, and a plunge pool. Dinner is served on the river bank under the stars, a perfect spot for watching hippos and crocodiles.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Days 8 to 9 - South Luangwa National Park
South Luangwa is an excellent place for wildlife adventures. It is especially celebrated for the big cats that live here. Interestingly, park rangers have noted that lionesses in the area follow designated routes whereas male lions roam freely about the park. These majestic animals can be seen on day and night game drives. Whilst on the move, keep your eyes peeled for Thornicroft's Giraffes which are indigenous to the park.
South Luangwa is famed for its walking safaris which involve tracking animals rather than viewing them. Follow the footprints of the endangered African Wild Dog or the rarely spotted Honey Badger and see if you can catch a glimpse of these amazing creatures.
For those who want even more of a challenge, there is also an opportunity to spot wildlife as you walk between the various local camps.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 10 - Departure
This morning, return to Livingstone airport, near Victoria Falls, where you will board your flight home. You’re sure to be taking home some wonderful photographs and ever better memories.Meals included:Breakfast
- Return international flights from London Heathrow (details of regional departures on request)
- Domestic flights between Lusaka and Mfuwe
- Unescorted airport transfers
- Wilderness plane transfers between camps
- Three nights’ accommodation at the Toka Leya Camp in the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park
- Three nights’ accommodation at the Busanga Bush Camp in the Kafue National Park
- Three nights’ accommodation at the Mchenja Camp in the South Luangwa National Park
- The following activities and excursions, as per the itinerary:
- One day and one evening activity per day at Toka Leya Camp
- One day and one evening activity per day at Busanga Bush Camp
- One day and one evening activity per day at Mchenja Camp
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Entry fees to National Parks
- Visas – required for entry into Zambia. Visa requirements vary depending on nationality and we recommend contacting the relevant embassies for details
- Local payments
- Prices are per person, based on two adults sharing.
- Prices quoted exclude locally payable airport fees and taxes (approx. $200)
- Prices are based on departures from London Heathrow
- Other departure airports may be available and a supplement may apply
- The prices and itinerary are based on flights into Victoria Falls and returning from Lusaka
- The order of the itinerary may be subject to change based on availability
- We can swap lodges for you if you prefer to stay in a different area or want to visit at another time of year. Speak to our travel advisers about tailoring a break for you
- due to flight departure times, you may need to fly out a day before the start of your Zambia Safari and/or spend an additional night in Africa at the end of your holiday