Zimbabwe: Intimate Africa Lodge Safari in Zimbabwe
An Africa Lodge Safari provides the ultimate introduction to Zimbabwe
What Makes Me Mighty Fine
- Exciting 15 day tour of Zimbabwe, visiting the Victoria Falls and the Painted Dogs Conservation Centre and searching for the big five in the amazing Hwange National Park
- Experience the power of the Victoria Falls on a spectacular guided tour
- Meet the African Wild Dogs at the Painted Dogs Conservation Centre in Hwange National Park
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage listed Matobo Hills and the Great Zimbabwe Ruins
- Sample local wines at the famous Bushman Rock Estate
- Explore Mana Pools, searching for hippos, crocodiles, elephants and buffalos
- Enjoy an exhilarating speed boat ride across Lake Kariba to the nearby Rhino Camp
- Discover Antelope Park where you can book optional lion walks and elephant swimming
Spend 15 days travelling through Zimbabwe on an Africa Lodge Safari. Discover some of the word’s most fascinating wild animals and explore the vast wilderness on game drives. You will experience the raw beauty of Southern Africa’s national parks and, staying in traditional lodges, you can get closer to the country’s nature. Begin your Africa Lodge Safari at Victoria Falls and travel across the captivating landscape to Antelope Park, stopping at many diverse destinations along the way.
Southern Africa boasts incredible animals, many of which have become endangered species. See great predators in their natural habitats and learn about their life in the wild. Elephants, rhinos, giraffes and zebras are just some of the animals you can see on a Southern Africa Lodge Safari. Learn about the history and culture of Zimbabwe from experienced guides who will accompany you on your journey. Explore the Bushman Rock Estate, visit ancient cave art locations and canoe among fabulous wildlife as you delve into the mystery of Southern Africa on this Lodge Safari.
Do you want to spend more time discovering Zimbabwe's most famous national parks? Take the Best of Botswana Lodges and Camps adventure and do so whilst staying in luxurious camps and exploring at your own pace.
Day 1 - Victoria Falls Tour
On arrival, your guide will meet you at the airport and take you to the A'Zambezi River Lodge (or similar) where you will spend the night. In the afternoon get up close to the thundering Victoria Falls on a guided tour and experience the magnificence of this world famous waterfall.
Days 2 to 3 - Victoria Falls - Hwange National Park
After breakfast on day two, we leave Victoria Falls and head to Hwange National Park. In the afternoon of the Africa Lodge Safari, we visit the Painted Dogs Conservation Centre which was established to preserve the African Wild Dog - one of the continent’s most endangered species. Hwange National Park is a sanctuary for elephants, zebras, giraffes and buffalo, and you will also find a wide variety of birds here. Day three is spent exploring the many treasures of this national park.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4 - Hwange National Park - Matobo Hills
Today on the Africa Lodge Safari we head to Camp Amalinda in the Matobo area where we will see the stunning Matobo Hills - an area rich in tribal history. These national park here has been granted UNESCO World Heritage status and is home to Black and White Rhinoceros, Sable Antelopes and the world’s densest population of both Leopards and Black Eagles. This area also plays host to the Bushman cave paintings and the grave of Cecil Rhodes.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 5 - Matobo Hills - Great Zimbabwe
On day five, we head to the Great Zimbabwe Ruins - built to replicate the palace of the Queen of Sheba. The ruins cover an incredible 1800 acres and are among the oldest, largest and most impressive in the country. We will spend the day exploring this fascinating attraction.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 6 - Great Zimbabwe - Nyanga National Park
Today's Africa Lodge Safari itinerary allows us to explore Nyanga National Park. The area lies within a stunningly scenic region of the East Highlands and abounds with lush hills and perennial rivers where many of the animals come to drink. This beautiful area plays host to South Africa's highest mountain, Mount Nyangani, and Africa's second highest waterfall, Mtarazi Falls. Whilst here, keep your eyes peeled for impala, wildebeest, waterbuck, eland, kudu, zebra and sable.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 7 - Nyanga National Park - Bushman Rock Estate
After breakfast, you'll head to the Bushman Rock Estate, a famous winery established in the mid 1900s. On arrival, settle into your room and then take a walk to Bushman Rock to see the ancient cave art. Afternoon tea will be served on the veranda before we take a leisurely stroll through the extensive vineyards which lead you to the pontoon for a relaxing sundowner cruise. Whilst on board, enjoy a taste of luxury as you sample up to nine of the estate's private wines and then indulge in a lavish three course meal.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Days 8 to 9 - Bushman Rock - Mana Pools
The next two days are all about Mana Pools, one of the country’s most spectacular national parks. En route to the pools we stop at Chinhoyi Caves where Zimbabwe’s longest cave system can be found.
Day nine will be dedicated to looking for wildlife on canoeing trips and game drives. The UNESCO listed Mana Pools is a succession of four pools created by the Zambezi River and attracting large concentrations of crocodiles, elephants, hippos and buffalo. Great wildlife sightings come as standard here!Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Days 10 to 11 - Mana Pools - Lake Kariba
Relax as we take a scenic drive to Lake Kariba - one of the world's largest man-made lakes - where we will board a speedboat to take us to Rhino Camp. Situated on Elephant Point in Matusadona National Park, the camp lets you admire the untouched scenery of sea and mountains that is framed by game reserves. You will have plenty of time to explore this epic area of Southern Africa on your Lodge Safari.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Days 12 to 13 - Lake Kariba - Antelope Park
Following a long drive, we return by speedboat to Kariba and continue to Antelope Park, where the African Lion Environmental Research Trust is based. You can enjoy several optional activities such as lion walks, night time wildlife experiences and elephant swimming (chargeable).
Please note: Lunch and dinner will also be served on day 12.Meals included:Breakfast
Days 14 to 15 - Antelope park - Victoria Falls and Departure
After breakfast, on day 14, we head back to Victoria Falls where our Africa Lodge Safari concludes. Hopefully, there will be time to enjoy some local activities before your final night in Zimbabwe.
Day 15 marks the end of your holiday and, after breakfast, you will return to the airport for your flight home, full of memories of a truly outstanding African adventure.
Please note: Lunch will also be served on day 14.Meals included:Breakfast
- Return international flights from London Heathrow (details of regional departures on request)
- Escorted airport transfers
- 12 nights' accommodation in mid-range, local standard lodges, chalets and tented camps
- Two nights' accommodation in basic tented camps
- The following activities and excursions, as per the itinerary:
- Visit to the Painted Dogs Conservation Centre
- Guided tour of Victoria Falls
- Game viewing in Hwange National Park
- Visit to the Great Zimbabwe Ruins
- Game Drives in Nyanga National Park
- Visit to the Mana Pools
- Speedboat ride on Lake Kariba
- Trip to the Bushman Rock Estate with sundowner cruise and wine tasting
- Guided tour as detailed
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Services of a professional guide
- Entry fees to National Parks
- 15kg luggage allowance in a backpack/soft barrel bag (no suitcases) - this does not include photography equipment or a small daysack
- Visas – required for entry into Namibia. Visa requirements vary depending on nationality and we recommend contacting the relevant embassies for details
- Local payments
- Travel Insurance (this can, however, be arranged for you. Simply speak to our travel team for a competitive quote for comprehensive cover)
Please call our friendly advisors on 0333 800 2033 for pricing on this holiday.
- due to flight departure times, you may need to fly out a day before the start of your Africa Lodge Safari and/or spend an additional night in Africa at the end of your holiday
- all guides are trained in first aidbut certain medication and vaccinations will be required before and during the trip