Zimbabwe: Highlights of Botswana and Zimbabwe
Our Botswana and Zimbabwe Safari allows you to get up close to stunning African animals in their natural habitat
What Makes Me Mighty Fine
- Wonderful, nine day, adventure through Botswana and Zimbabwe, searching for stunning African wildlife as you embark on amazing game drives and enjoy an elephant back safari along the Zambezi River
- Set out on several game drives in the Hwange and Chobe National Parks
- Embark on a game viewing boat cruise through Chobe National Park
- Visit the Painted Dogs Conservation Centre and learn about the endangered African Wild Dog
- Take an amazing Elephant Back Safari, following the Zambezi River to enjoy amazing views of Victoria Falls
- Take a guided tour of the stunning Victoria Falls and enjoy leisure time in the surrounding National Park
Africa is bursting with life. Exotic colours, tastes, sounds and smells assault the senses at every turn, but the most amazing element of the continent by far is its fantastic wildlife. This Botswana and Zimbabwe Safari allows you to experience the amazing animals of Africa as you travel across two of its most beautiful countries.
Visit the Hwange and Chobe National Parks where you’ll embark on several game drives, allowing you to get up close to a wide array of animals including elephants, buffalos, giraffes, zebras, lions, crocodiles and a whole host more. Spend time at the Painted Dogs Conservation Centre and learn all about the fascinating African Wild Dog, an endangered species, and what is being done to protect these stunning animals. You'll even experience the sheer majesty of the elephant, during your time here, as you join a herd on a special trek along the Zambezi river to see the stunning Victoria Falls.
Other fabulous highlights of this Botswana and Zimbabwe Safari include a guided tour of the Victoria Falls, a guided walk to a traditional homestead and a relaxing sail along the picturesque Chobe River, sipping a cocktail as you take in the stunning sunset.
In essence, this unforgettable Botswana and Zimbabwe Safari is packed with opportunities to get close to fascinating African wildlife and experience some of the country's amazing natural attractions.
Do you want to try a lodge-based safari which allows you to visit Namibia? Then the Southern Africa Safari Package is a great option for you.
Days 1 to 2 - Arrive in Victoria Falls
Arriving in Zimbabwe, you will be taken to your accommodation in the Victoria Falls area, where you will spend the next two days of your Botswana and Zimbabwe Safari. Once settled, enjoy a fascinating, guided tour of the magnificent Victoria Falls. You'll be amazed at their beauty and in awe of the sheer power of nature. Afterwards, take some time to relax and adjust to your new surroundings or take part in some of the additional (chargeable) activities on offer including a helicopter ride over the Falls or, for the more adventurous, bungee jumping.Meals included:Breakfast
Days 3 to 4 - Victoria Falls - Hwange National Park
Have breakfast at your accommodation before making your way to Hwange National Park on the Botswana and Zimbabwe Safari. Hwange is one of the most stunning reserves in Africa and plays host to giraffes, elephants and zebras amongst other endangered species and birdlife. You will spend the next two days here at the suitably named Elephant's Eye (or similar) where you can experience uninterrupted views of a waterhole often frequented by these gentle giants. After settling into your accommodation, you'll embark on a half-day game drive before heading to the Painted Dogs Conservation Centre where you'll learn all about the work that is being done to protect the area's endangered wild dogs. The following day will be spent travelling further afield on a full-day game drive as you search for a whole host of predators, many endangered species and some simply amazing birdlife.Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Days 5 to 6 - Hwange National Park - Chobe National Park
Begin day five of your Botswana and Zimbabwe Safari by taking a short guided walk to a traditional homestead, allowing you experience the local way of life. Next you'll transfer to Chobe National Park where you'll spend the next two days. Whilst here, admire the incredible scenery that surrounds you as you embark on two separate game drives and a relaxing boat ride along the Chobe River. The river is a popular watering spot for huge herds of elephants as well as giraffe, sable and Cape Buffalo so get ready for some first class photo opportunities. The birdlife here is also amazing and, if you want a rather special photographic memory, look out for the Puku Antelope as the flood plains here are the only place these creatures can be found in Botswana!Meals included:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 7 - Chobe National Park - Victoria Falls
After breakfast, head back to Victoria Falls where you will experience one of the highlights of your Botswana and Zimbabwe Safari - an elephant back safari! Travel to the Zambezi River and mount these gentle giants who will carry you both through and alongside the water on one of the most unforgettable experiences of your life! Spend around three hours riding on and interacting with the elephants whilst spotting the fascinating local wildlife and taking in stunning views of the Victoria Falls.Meals included:Breakfast
Day 8 - Victoria Falls at Leisure
Today you'll have another chance to explore the magnificent Victoria Falls National Park. Create new memories as you visit local highlights you didn't get to see at the beginning of your trip. Perhaps take an additional (chargeable) Sundowner boat cruise and sip cocktails whilst you watch the sun go down on the last night of your unforgettable Botswana and Zimbabwe Safari.Meals included:Breakfast
Day 9 - Departure
This morning, get a last glimpse of the fabulous Falls before heading back to the airport for your flight home. You are sure to be taking home memories to last a lifetime and, no doubt, already planning your next trip to Africa, in search of a holiday that will live up to your amazing Botswana and Zimbabwe Safari.Meals included:Breakfast
- Return international flights from London Heathrow (details of regional departures on request)
- Escorted airport transfers
- Eight nights' accommodation in mid to upper-range African eco lodges
- The following activities and excursions, as per the itinerary:
- Guided tour of Victoria Falls
- Half and full day game drives in Hwange National Park
- Visit to the Painted Dogs Conservation Centre
- Visit to a traditional homestead
- Two games drives and a river cruise at the Chobe National Park
- Elephant back safari
- Guided tour as detailed
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Services of a professional guide
- Entry fees to National Parks
- 15kg luggage allowance in a backpack/soft barrel bag (no suitcases) - this does not include photography equipment or a small daysack
- Visas – required for entry into Zimbabwe and Botswana. Visa requirements vary depending on nationality and we recommend contacting the relevant embassies for details
- Local payments
- Travel Insurance (this can, however, be arranged for you. Simply speak to our travel team for a competitive quote for comprehensive cover)
Please call our friendly advisors on 0333 800 2033 for pricing on this holiday.
Explore more of Zimbabwe on safari holidays.
- due to flight departure times, you may need to fly out a day before the start of your Elephant Safari in Zimbabwe and/or spend an additional night in Africa at the end of your holiday
- all guides are trained in first aid but certain medication and vaccinations will be required before and during the trip